RE: [TexasCzechs] Helena Mikeska

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
      From Tise, Vol. III, Czech Moravian Brethren Cemetery:

      MIKESKA, Terezie, 26 Cce [Jul] 1856 - 6 Pro [Dec] 1916, H - Jiri
      MIKESKA, Jiri, 20 Kve [May] 1858 - 12 Led [Jan] 1944, W - Terezie

      I'm assuming Terezie is Jiri/George's first wife because he is listed with a Terezie on the 1910 census for Lavaca county.

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...

      Elaine, On Ancestry 1920 Census shows a George and Helen Mikeska.  George bn abt 1858 and Helen abt 1873 Lavaca County.

      Found a DC for George Mikeska bn May 20, 1858 Austria d Jan 1944 Lavaca County.  Parents Tom Miskeska and Maria Sisa.  Buried at the Czech Moravian Brethren Church Shiner.  Hope this helps.  paulasmaggie

      I have found the gravesite of a Helena Mikeska but can't fit her into the family tree. Does anyone have her listed?

      Helena Mikeska- 1 Apr 1873- 20 Apr 1951.  Her DC was signed by Gustave A Dziadek and I found her maiden name Budinskie or Budinsky.  It appears she was married to a Dziadek and a Mikeska.  I can't find which Mikeska and if the Dziadek was her first husband and then she married a Mikeska.
      Thanks for any info.
      Elaine Malina

    • Elaine Malina
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010