Mondriks & Muellers

  • Marie Neuman Gottfried
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12 4:10 PM
      Please help me locate the families of grandma's two sisters:

      Grandma: Anna KULHANEK Zernicek Rocen (Rochen) 1828-1900

      Sister: Teresie KULHANEK Mueller 1833- ??

      Sister: Cecilie KULHANEK Mondrik 1848-1910

      All were born in Horni Hermanice, Bohemia.

      Mueller: Family story is that Teresie was married to a
      "Mueller/Miller". They were sailing to Texas and he disappeared at
      sea. Perhaps he fell overboard or was given a push. She arrived
      without a husband. It is not known when she sailed, where she went,
      or if she had children. Most Kulhaneks were settling in Fayette and
      Colorado Counties.

      Mondrik: The youngest child of the Kulhanek family was Cecilie. She
      came to Texas as a single woman. She married Joseph Mondrik, date
      unknown. According to the 1880 Fayette Co. census, she had a child
      in 1874. By 1887, the Mondriks had moved to Milam County.

      Please help me find these cousins!

      Truly,
      Marie Neuman Gottfried
      Pattison, TX