Re: [TexasCzechs] Ralph Sommerfield Obit

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2010
      Please let Pat know I'm thinking of her.  It is so hard to lose close family members.  Also let Pat know that we miss her.
      Nan

      Cousin Pat Sommerfeld Lyon lost her Uncle Ralph on Wednesday.  I had the privilege of meeting Uncle Ralph when he came to her house a few times.  He was part of the "dying breed" of Texas Men. The quiet gentle ones who put God, Country, and Family above all.   There is a lengthy obit online from the Waco Tribuine.  This is the shorten version:
      Ralph Sommerfield 71 of China Spring, passed away on Wednesday April 28, 2010 at his residence after lengthy battle with cancer.  He is survived by his wife of 50 years Irene Sommerfield of China, daughters Shirley Taylor, Sherrie Sommerfield, Shelia Hanzicek, and son Kenneth Sommerfield.  Grandchildren Kevin, Cole, Casey, Brandy, Bradie, Brittany, Misha, Emma, Hunter, Michelle, Heather, Brad, and Dusty.  Sisters Margaret Klaehn, Regana, and Emmie.  Brothers Emmit and Melvin.  Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, April 30, 2010 at Lake Shore Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Ivan Ker officiating and Burial will follow at China Spring Cemetey.  paulasmaggie

    • Paula Foster
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2010
        Nan, I forward your message to Pat.  I talked to her yesterday.  She is doing good well as good as one can be taking care 24/7  of her mom Miss Ann.  paulasmaggie