Corpus Christi

  • Joe Levek
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      Hello,

      The following are questions that I asked in a previous email. I will give you the answers to these questions today.

      To test your memory, I have to ask you some questions.

      * What was the name of SPID before the city changed it? It was called Lexington Blvd!

      * What was the name of the twin drive in movie theather on the corner of SPID and Ayers St. It was called the "Viking Twin Drive Inn"

      * What was the name of the riding stables that was located down from the "Tops" bar. It was called "The Horseshoe Inn". Bill Mcbride owned the riding stables, bar and dance hall
      that was housed in
      that building--and they lived on the 2nd story.

      See more comments below.....................Also, thank you Cullis, for your input to the story of the naval fields at Corpus Christi, Texas.

      Joe Levek

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2010

        I just remembered that one of the sites (Cuddihy, maybe) had a swimming pool that the public could use for a fee.

        We went there often.

        Judy

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2010
          It seems folks have forgotten Cabiness Field (sic) where the pilots from NAS & Kingsville did touch & go until it was closed completely.
          Lots of small places have come & gone too on the way to Flower Bluff..
          Joyce P