Re: [TexasCzechs] Tomas Fojt &Veronika Fojt

  • debbief2152@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2010
      No  I don't think so - saw a picture of cem. on line. It said that they Tomas & Veronika Fojt sold the land to the church & Cem. . On head stone

      Tomas 1/8/834-------- 10/16/1884
      Veronika Fojt - !0/19/1839---- 10/18.1883

      But it was the same church/Cem. Is your Veronika buried in that Cem. I did not see any more Veronika.

      What was your great grandfather name

      debbie

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2010
        You know I did fine a Veronika Fojt Age 9 on the Ancestry.com - Passernger & Immigration list came over same time a the other one did

        It said

        Veronika Fojt
        The year of passage   1870
        age 9
         birth abt 1861
        place New Orleans, Louisiana

        Do you have a copy of this

        Thanks
        Debbie Foyt

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2010

          My greatgrandfather's name was Ondrej (Andress).  He came to America in 1873, with two brothers.  I have some information that Veronika was born n Vsetin, Moravia on September 28, 1858.  Her father was Karl Foyt, a farmer and blacksmith master from Ross Prairie.  They were married in the Ross Prairie Moravian Brethren Church on June 18, 1876.  Witnesses were ; Ryple, Hruska, Hallas, and Tom Jecmenek.
          I also have some information that says that there was a  Thomas Foyt??He had property in Fayetteville and Colorado Counties.
          I could never find anything that I could be sure of.

          My mother always told me that we were kin to the "A.J.Foyt".

          Bill Kunetka

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2010
              Well if you are related to A.J. Foyt -then you are related someway with my Foyt.s A.J.Foyt (the race driver) grandfather was Thomas Frank Foyt one of the ten children of my Joseph C. Foyt. Do you know your grandfathers two brother names are? I did come across two Veronika's. I have Tomas (tomas) Fojt 1834-1884 he a a son name Carl. What year was he born. Do you have a father for Karl Foyt?
              thankyou
              debbie