Blaha/Kubena/Ondrasek

  • paulasmaggie
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 29, 2010
      Joe V. Ondrasek bn 10-10-1896 d 12-12-1988 m Rosie Kubena bn 11-28-1901 d 10-10-1985 (parents Josef Kubena and Rozina Blaha). I have checked my Blaha Family Descendant List. I donot have the parents for Joe V. If anyone knows or has Joe V. Ondrasek parents in their Family Descendant please let me know. paulasmaggie
    • Debbie Ondrasek
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 29, 2010
        That's my grandparents but I don't know his parents' names.

        Debbie O.
        Live, Laugh, Love
        Don't let the chain of love end with you

        Joe V. Ondrasek bn 10-10-1896 d 12-12-1988 m Rosie Kubena bn 11-28-1901 d 10-10-1985 (parents Josef Kubena and Rozina Blaha). I have checked my Blaha Family Descendant List. I donot have the parents for Joe V. If anyone knows or has Joe V. Ondrasek parents in their Family Descendant please let me know. paulasmaggie

      • Matt Cross
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 29, 2010
          I found this website that lists Joe V. Ondrasek's parents as Joseph Ondrasek and Rose Polcak.

          http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/o/n/d/Joe-Ondrasek-TX/index.html

          Matt Cross
          lennonluv@...

          To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 29, 2010
            When you said them, I remember those names now.

            lennonluv@hotmail. com

            To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com

            Joe V. Ondrasek bn 10-10-1896 d 12-12-1988 m Rosie Kubena bn 11-28-1901 d 10-10-1985 (parents Josef Kubena and Rozina Blaha). I have checked my Blaha Family Descendant List. I donot have the parents for Joe V. If anyone knows or has Joe V. Ondrasek parents in their Family Descendant please let me know. paulasmaggie

          • Paula Foster
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
              Debbie, What I thought starting out was going to be a simple research on Vince Urban who married Rosie Ondrasek.  Then I found out Rosie's brother was Jan J Ondrasek who married a Frances Urban and then a Frances Surovik.  There are family ties between the Surovik and Ondrasek Families that I am having trouble with.  If you have a moment, would you mind looking over the documented research?  One other question.  Frances Urban all I have found is in the census.  I am told she died in 1920, then Jan J Ondrasek married Frances Surovik which I have documented.  Frances is not anywhere in the Burleson County Cemetery book.  Do you have any information on her?  Please, email directly if you can help.  paulasmaggie

              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                Matt, Thank You.  paulasmaggie

                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                  I'm not sure what I'm doing and haven't gotten far.  I don't have anything on that side.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                    Debbie, when I get it all together in with the documented research, would you like me to email it to you?  I still have a few hours of work to finish the initial research.
                    paulasmaggie

                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                      Sure.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                        Oh...and thanks!

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                          Debbie, You are welcome.  It will be a few days.  The Ondraseks*Suroviks*Urbans*Kubenas are entwined.  I just want make sure what I post is accurate.  paulasmaggie

                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                            Matt,

                            Thanks for the post and URL.  I got lot of information I was unaware of from that post.

                            Matt, I don't care what others say, I think you are O K.  LOL

                            Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                              Matt, This site is a good starting point, but you have to use other resources.  Like a lot of family trees there are gaps which are vital to have a complete Kubena Family History.  paulasmaggie

                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                                I know.  Explains the innumerable hours spent at the Family History Center slowly looking through microfilmed church records.

                                Matt Cross
                                lennonluv@...

                                To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                                From: pfosterbmt@...
                                Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:42:10 -0700

                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                                  Or going through all the research books you bought, ancestry, every site you can find on line, plus "begging people" for information.  It is just the fun part of researching no telling what you can find.  I just wanted to let anyone who is researching Kubenas I have quite a lot of info on the family.  paulasmaggie

                                  To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                  From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                  Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:42:10 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 30, 2010
                                    Hmm...wouldn't happen to have Bohumir Kubena who married Anna Branecky, would you? He was born 1868 and died 4 Dec 1897. They lived in the Praha area and were the grandparents of Rev. Vaclav Bily. I have about 20 pages of info on this couple's descendants. Anna later married John Surman.

                                    Matt Cross
                                    lennonluv@...

                                    To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: pfosterbmt@...
                                    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:15:16 -0700

                                    To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                    From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:42:10 -0700

                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 1 2:20 AM
                                      All I have on that family the family store from the History of St. Mary Praha.  paulasmaggie

                                      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                      From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:15:16 -0700

                                      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                      From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:42:10 -0700

                                    • FayeLee39@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 1 5:44 PM
                                        Matt and/or Paula;

                                        I also have Kubena's coming out of the Zissa and Jiral lines.  I have a Bohumir Kubena b abt 1895 and married Frances Stasney.  I have many holes in the ancestry on this line.  Would that Bohumir Kubena be a grandfather or father of my Bohumir Kubena ( of Lavaca County)?

                                        Cullis

                                        To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                        Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:15:16 -0700

                                        To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
                                        Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:42:10 -0700

                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 3 5:33 AM
                                          Paula,

                                          Could you furnish the birth date of Vince Urban & Rosie Ondrasek? Also, do you have Rosie's parents? Do you have a full name for Rosie? It's possible my Mary and Rosie are the same person. I have a copy of a 1991 letter by Mary's D-in-L mentioning Mary Ondrasek as Vince's wife. I also found a tree online that has pictures of Vince and Mary. Also in the tree is Thomas Fred Urban, Sr whose wife's grandmother is Aloysia Filip Dubcak, my gr gr grandfather, Rudolph Filip's sister.

                                          My information doesn't agree with yours and I'm trying to figure out if there are 2 Vince or what.

                                          Kathy

                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 4 1:38 PM
                                            Kathy, There were 3 Vince Urbans.  Vince Sr. and Jr. plus one in Lavaca County.  Mine so far are the Vince Urban who married Rosie Ondrasek and had Vince Jr. and Tom.  At this moment I have two other Ondraseks sets of families to put in order.

                                            I will send documented research when I am through with the other two sets.  Because of my business and house it is going to take awhile.

                                            paula

                                            Could you furnish the birth date of Vince Urban & Rosie Ondrasek? Also, do you have Rosie's parents? Do you have a full name for Rosie? It's possible my Mary and Rosie are the same person. I have a copy of a 1991 letter by Mary's D-in-L mentioning Mary Ondrasek as Vince's wife. I also found a tree online that has pictures of Vince and Mary. Also in the tree is Thomas Fred Urban, Sr whose wife's grandmother is Aloysia Filip Dubcak, my gr gr grandfather, Rudolph Filip's sister.

                                            My information doesn't agree with yours and I'm trying to figure out if there are 2 Vince or what.

                                            Kathy

                                            --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                                            > Debbie, What I thought starting out was going to be a simple research on Vince Urban who married Rosie Ondrasek.  Then I found out Rosie's brother was Jan J Ondrasek who married a Frances Urban and then a Frances Surovik.  There are family ties between the Surovik and Ondrasek Families that I am having trouble with.  If you have a moment, would you mind looking over the documented research?  One other question.  Frances Urban all I have found is in the census.  I am told she died in 1920, then Jan J Ondrasek married Frances Surovik which I have documented.  Frances is not anywhere in the Burleson County Cemetery book.  Do you have any information on her?  Please, email directly if you can help.  paulasmaggie

                                          • makz3d
                                            Message 21 of 22 , May 6 1:04 PM
                                              Paula,

                                              Here's a part of a letter written in 1991. Lydia was working with a cousin of my dad on trying to get a Filip clan get together so Lydia and Rosette wrote back and forth and at times included personal information. I posted the following message in 1991 after visiting Rosette in Texas and receiving a copy of several letters Lydia wrote to her. I'm going out of town Sat and I'm not sure where I have the letter. When I find it I'll scan it and send it to you.

                                              "I have a LYDIA KLIMICEK URBAN who's husband was TOM URBAN Sr. I have a copy of a letter she wrote 1/26/1991. I'm not sure of their ages. Lydia was born about 1920-25.

                                              Part of the letter with some personal stuff omitted:
                                              "...Tom Sr. got one of his cousins Loretta Bergman's (was Ondrasek) son youngest of 5 children is: Jason Bergman of Pasadena only 18 and is in Korea and maybe by now in Saudi Arabia. He is...
                                              …at the Ondrasek reunion at the Somerville Lake last April...His mom is only 53 and his dad passed away be 3 yrs next month I think. Loretta's half brother, Johnnie Ondrasek was buried last Tues...he was Tom Sr's cousin. He would have been 83 next month. ...Johnnies dad and Tom Sr's mom (an Ondrasek) were brother and sister. .."

                                              Lydia Klimicek Urban's grandmother is my gr gr aunt and she was writing to a grand daughter of a gr gr uncle of mine."

                                              Message 22 of 22 , May 9 4:43 AM
                                                Kathy,
                                                Who do you have as Johnnies father and mother?.  Did is mother marry twice, if so who was the father?  Also, sho is Lydia Klimicak's parents?