eGroup Meet at the Conference

  • Franklin Hurta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2000
      If you have looked at the conference schedule, I am sure you will
      notice that it is full and overflowing. But...where there is a will,
      there is a way!!

      I have three suggestions, one of which may work.

      1. The Brazos Center will remain open on Thursday from 2:15-5:30.
      This is the designated tour time. However, knowing that there
      would be some that would rather be in the computer or book rooms,
      I will be at the center so these rooms can stay open. That will
      leave the use of 3 rooms that will be empty during this time
      period.

      2. On Friday from 2:15-3:45, we will have an empty room. I have
      some strong reservations at recommending this as a time period
      because I sit in Karen Hobbs' sessions every chance I get. If
      eGroups were to meet at this time period, Karen Hobbs or the
      making of Czech Cheese Strudel (I want to watch this also)
      sessions would have to be missed.

      3. Friday from 5:00-6:00, after sessions and before dinner. This is
      only a one hour time slot, so it may not be long enough to get
      everyone in the right direction and still be in the dinner line on
      time.

      Oh me, decisions, decisions!

      One of the makings for a good genealogy conference is to have so many
      good sessions that attendees have a hard time choosing which to
      attend. But, if each one of you will send me a message giving me
      your choice of a time slot (Thurs. afternoon 2:15-5:30 -
      Fri.afternoon 2:15-3:45 or Fri. 5:00-6:00), I will keep track and let
      you know the results. (Let's take a vote this week and I will post
      the results on Friday afternoon.) That way, next week when I make
      out
      the room schedule, I will know which room to book the meeting of the
      eGroup in.

      Will this work for all of you?

      Charlene Hurta

      PS Tomorrow, Tuesday, as a Conference Note, I will give some info
      on the session, "The History of the Czech-Moravian Brethren: from
      the
      Czech Lands to Texas". Wednesday....will be "Mr. Czech Day". Most
      of you know that my personal nickname for Leo Baca is "Mr. Czech"
      because of all the years he has spent researching. Wednesday, will
      be a little about him, his books, and his sessions.