Obit - Msgr. Edward Bartsch

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2010

      I found this item on the funeral home's website. It seems fitting he passed on Easter Sunday.

      Edward C. Bartsch

      Msgr. Edward C. Bartsch passed away Sunday, April 4, 2010 at the age of 89. Msgr. Bartsch was born January 21, 1921 in Rockne, Texas to the late Julius Bartsch and Elizabeth Goodman Bartsch. He is survived by one sister, Margaret Frerich of Bastrop, and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Vivian Frerich.

      Visitation will be Tuesday, April 6, 2010 from 3:00 until 9:00 pm at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha. Rosary and Mass will be at 6:00 pm Tuesday, April 6 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha. Mass will also be held at 11:00 am Wednesday, April 7 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Rockne, with burial to follow in Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery in Rockne, Texas. Bishop David Fellhauer will be officiating at all services.

      Memorial contributions may be made to Rev. Msgr. Edward C. Bartsch Seminary Burse.

      Arrangements are under the care of Smith Funeral Home - Flatonia, 361-865-3311
      www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com