Re: Austria, Czechoslovakia, or Czech Republic?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 1 8:49 AM
      James - Yes, Milady Blaha Hejl is my mother. On April 21st, she will celebrate her 97th birthday. Milady resides in an assisted living facility in Keene, Texas near her daughter Susan's home in Cleburne. As you probably know, Milady is the the elder sister of Albert J. Blaha (CHS founder) and is the only Lifetime Honorary Trustee of the CHS. Milady's much younger sister Jean Blaha Davis recently served four years as CHS President.

      Although Milady is wheelchair-bound and has memory problems, her health is very good considering her age. She is the only living person that had remembrances of her immigrant Blaha and Hejtmancik grandparents

      Mike Hejl

    • jamesermis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 2 10:16 AM
        Mike,
        Thanks for the reply. I have met your MOM on several ocassions while I was Treasurer for CHS under Anna Krpec tenure as Pres.

        I am glad to hear she is still with us, you are very lucky.  My cousin Melvin Post was a good friend of Albert's and worked with them ot get CHS started.
        I thought Jean was still Pres.  Who is now?
      • Cindy Neal
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 2 8:44 PM
          Phyllis Tykel is the new president.

          Thanks for the reply. I have met your MOM on several ocassions while I was Treasurer for CHS under Anna Krpec tenure as Pres.

          I am glad to hear she is still with us, you are very lucky.  My cousin Melvin Post was a good friend of Albert's and worked with them ot get CHS started.
          I thought Jean was still Pres.  Who is now?

        • George Patrick
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 3 4:53 AM
            Morning Cindy,
            Just a note to put your address in my address book for my new computer.  Have a good day.

            George