What does this say?

  • Melissa Eckhoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2010
      Hello all,

      I was wondering if I could get help with a translation on my gr-gr-gr grandfather's tombstone.  I know the first two words are Loved father, but after that-I am clueless.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Melissa

    • Allen Livanec
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
         I can't make out the words. Can you write them?

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2010
          Drahy otec draha matka tuto tise sladce spi,
          Milujicich ditek hlasy proc ach proc je nevzbudi.

          translation word for word:
          Dear father dear mother here quietly sweetly sleep  - (loved father and loved mother are quietly and sweetly sleeping here)
          Loving children voices why ah why they don't wake them up  - (why ah why the voices of loving children don't wake them up)

          I am sorry but I am not very good in English, anyone can correct it.

          Zdenek Malcik
          Brno, CR

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
            Hello,

            I was wondering if someone could translate this for me.

            Thanks!

            Melissa