obit Vincent Liska

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2001
      Abstract from The Banner Press Oct 12, 2000
      Services for Vincent Liska, 74, of La Grange were held Oct 5 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in La Grange with Msgr Ben Mazurkiewicz officiating.
      Burial followed at Fayetteville Catholic Cemetery.
      Liska died Oct 2 in the Heart Hospital in Austin.
      He was born March 23, 1926 in Fayetteville, Tx, the son of Emil H and Mary (Janish) Liska.
      I am copying the next section as it appears in the paper, it may or may not be correct.
      Dippel was united in marriage with Marcella Vitek on Oct 7, 1947 in Fayetteville. (? Dippel entry as being a typo or if the entire marriage info is in question.)
      He was retired from the Texas Hwy Dept and affilitated with Sacred Heart Catholic Church in La Grange. Liska was a member of The Knights of Columbus, KJT, VFW and Holy Rosary Society. He also served in the US Navy during WW II with a rank of Seaman 3rd class. Liska was preceded in death by his parents, and a sister, Sister Gabriel Mary Liska.
      Survivors include his wife, 5 daughters and sons-in-law, Patricia and Mike Pechal of La Grange, Rose and Wayne Scholtz of Hondo, Doris and Larry Eldridge and Carolyn and Terrell Windham all of Austin, and Barbara and Tom Rolator of Pueblo, Co; a son and daughter-in-law, James and Cynthia Liska of Sugarland; and 13 grandchildren, Richard and Andrea Schottz, Jennifer and Nicole Eldridge, Taryn and Matthew Windham, Greg and Brian Rolator, Peggy, Michael and Neill Liska and Anthony and Michelle Pechal.
      Sergeant Memorial Funeral Home, La Grange, directors.
      --
      Lois Petter Pereira
      Researching Ahlhorm, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejewski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser. Home Page: http://ourczech.homestead.com/

    • dorise2690
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2013
        Dippel was united in marriage with Marcella Vitek on Oct 7, 1947 in Fayetteville. (? Dippel entry as being a typo or if the entire marriage info is in question.)

        The information is correct, except that the name Dippel should be Liska.