Obit - Emma Lauer Orsak

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010

      Undated newspaper clipping

      Emma Orsak

      Mrs. Emma C. Lauer Orsak, 85, a lifetime resident of the Yoakum area, died Friday morning in a Yoakum hospital following a brief illness.

      Services were held at 2 p.m. Sunday at St. Joseph Catholic Church with the Rev. Gabriel Mensah officiating.

      Burial followed in the St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery under direction of the Buffington Funeral Home in Yoakum.

      She was born July 4, 1905 , in Yoakum to the late John and Theresa Beneys [Benys] Lauer and was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church. Mrs. Orsak was a retired cafeteria worker employed for the Yoakum Independent School District and a member of the KJZT Society and VFW Ladies Auxiliary.

      In addition to her parents, Mrs. Orsak was preceded in death by her husband, John Joseph Orsak in April of 1952; two sons, Edwin and Johnnie Orsak; six sisters; three brothers; and two grandchildren.

      She is survived by four daughters, Mrs. Juanita Rainosek, Mrs. Annette Hull, Mrs. Yvonne Moore and Mrs. Rita Arlitt, all of Yoakum; a son, William Orsak of Katy; 18 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.

      Pallbearers were Michael, Woody and John Orsak, Charlie, Curtis, Patrick and Chris Hull and Terry Rainosek.

      Honorary pallbearers were granddaughters; Vicky Blank, Angie Ferguson, Paula DeBord, Anita Pesek, Elaine Torrance, Vivian Page, Kim Bohac, Amy, Christi and Carrie Arlitt.

    • Paula Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        John Joseph Orsak bn May 3, 1896 Yoakum  d  April 10, 1952 Yoakum  her husband.  John Joseph's Parents John Orsak and Marla Rizbura (which is probably misspelled)  paulasmaggie

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          Are you related to John Orsak? Emma and I share a common ancestor in the 1700s.

          Matt Cross
          lennonluv@...

        • Paula Foster
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
            Maybe, I think it is going back to Paul Orsak Research I have been doing that included my Uncle Lukus Valigura who married Apolenia Batila Orsak (second wife).  They lived in Yoakum.  It is that I have yet to find anything else about Paul except he lived in Yoakum.  paulasmaggie

            lennonluv@hotmail. com