Ludwig Petrek, comment and question

  • gpatrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      Morning  rosemary and Matt,
      Thanks for your postings.  I  know from reading so many  family  discussions  from posters that  Czech families tend to use  same or similar  given names over and over in their family.  But, the Petrek situation  in Texas seems rather strange to me.  There seems to be two Petrek  families who came to Texas about the same time  with my Petrek (Petrik on immigration records) coming to Texas  about 1880.  They settled near Cat springs, then around 1900 they relocated to  Falls County, and then  finally settled on farms at Oenaville  near Temple in Bell County.  The original  immigrant was  Ondrej Petrik, aka, Andrew Petrek.  His wife was Hermina and they are buried in St. Mary's Catholic Church Cemetery in Westphalia. Their oldest son was Frank gabriel Petrek and he had a son, Frank Gabriel  Petrek, Jr., who is also buried at St. Marys.  The older Frank is buried at Ocker  Brethren  Church Cemetery with  his wife Mary  (Stepan) Petrek.  One of their sons was Rudolf  John Petrek who is my father.

      Now, the complicated part is that there is another Catholic Petrek family  around the Moulton  area.  And, seems that most of the generations, beginning with Andrew Petrek(also seen as Petrik sometimes) and repeating most of the same given  names as my Andrew Petrek  family line.  I know very little about the Moulton Catholic  Petreks but my curiousity  has me wondering if there is some connection between the two families.  Anyone have any ideas?

      thanks,

      George (born  Petrek)  Patrick
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        Well, the death certificate for Andrew Petrek of Moulton shows he died 9 Jul 1951 and that his father was also named Andrew Petrek.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com