Finally, hello from Cz

  • John L.. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2000
      Hello all,

      Greetings from Ceska Budejovice, Bohemia, Czech Rep. Sorry I have failed to
      sent reports as I planned. Several Internet Cafes in Prague have internet
      cafes but with the tremendious crowds and being with a group, I did not dare
      leave and try to find them. Monday, my cuzs and I went to Zadverice and
      Celechovice and photogrpahed kins homes, the creek my grandfather talked
      about in a letter we found couple years ago, and with excellent Czech gov!t
      help in Zadverice, they pulled the birth record of my grandfather and let us
      look at it. They would not photocopy nor let us take photographs of the
      pages due to the record being 127 yrs old.

      When we returned to the hotel, I was given the use of their computer to send
      and check email, but could not IE5 is needed to access Hotmail and thez had
      only IE2 or 3-

      Have seen many castles and little upset that they are not interested in
      selling any. S I G H They gave reminded me I need to repaint my home....

      People are wonderful in Cz. Have met two cousins I knew of but never met
      plus an ICQ friend. I ate the best goulash ever.... The pevo is bezond
      reproach.. The countrz is beautifuly. Slovakia is building repadily and
      Vienice is a modern city. It was good to get back into Moravia and Bohemia,
      both states of the Cz Rep.

      I probably will not be able to send more messages, unless at the Prague
      airport. They charge 3.50 US for 15 minutes. I will not be back at this
      internet cafe as we are leaving early in the mornig. We fly out of Prague
      Thur noon and looking forward to being with my familz, but hate to leave CY.
      It is FUN to type on this CY keyboard, to say the least. Well, I just
      learned to change the keyboard to ASCCI. I went into a computer shop,
      thinking they sold pcs to the public. Thez will make you one, and do for
      several companies who put their name on them. I have info of CZ computers
      and cost I will tell you about when home.

      Miss the messages, even those of Rick..... Hi Buddy...

      Sir John