Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Numbers

  • Willie Petruy
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
      jeden,dva,tri hacek on r,ctyri hacek on c and r,pet,sest hacek on 1st s,sedm,osm,devet,deset,jedenact,dvanact.  Carla
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
         The clock that I bought from the Czech Republic has the numbers written as follows starting with 1: Jedna, Dve(hacek over "e", Tri (hacek over "r"), Ctyri ( Hacek over "C" & "r"), Pet (hacek over "e") Sest (hacek over "S"). Sedm, Osm, Devet (hacek over 2nd "e"), Deset, Jedenact ( Carka over "a) & Dvanact (Carka over "a").

        Allen

        I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay
      • Al and Kay
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          Thanks for all the help with the numbers and now I can get started.  Is there any place to buy one in Texas? I did not know they made them but do not want to go to CZ to get one. Kay
        • Joe Janecka
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
            There may be some at Maggie's in West.  Try: http://www.maggiesfabricpatch.com/p13.htm
            It looks like the clocks there have written Czech numbers.  You can e-mail her for the answer.

            Joe

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
              Yes, here is image.

            • CWarschak@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                I purchased my Czech clock at a booth being operated by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center Inc.at one of the Czech Heritage meetings. It has a plain white background (no  picture) but contain the letters "TCHCC" in the center.  The letters are in red, white and blue.
                Carroll Warschak