RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech Numbers

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2 9:55 AM
      Go to the FamilySearch website and under research helps, click articles, then C. The Czech Genealogical Word List is the last item. The list includes an entire section on numbering.

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...

      To: texasczechs@yahoogroups.com
      From: akpolansky@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:48:46 -0600
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech Numbers

      I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay

      Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.
    • Willie Petruy
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2 10:36 AM
        jeden,dva,tri hacek on r,ctyri hacek on c and r,pet,sest hacek on 1st s,sedm,osm,devet,deset,jedenact,dvanact.  Carla
        I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay

      • Allen Livanec
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2 2:33 PM
           The clock that I bought from the Czech Republic has the numbers written as follows starting with 1: Jedna, Dve(hacek over "e", Tri (hacek over "r"), Ctyri ( Hacek over "C" & "r"), Pet (hacek over "e") Sest (hacek over "S"). Sedm, Osm, Devet (hacek over 2nd "e"), Deset, Jedenact ( Carka over "a) & Dvanact (Carka over "a").

          Allen

          I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay
        • Al and Kay
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2 5:32 PM
            Thanks for all the help with the numbers and now I can get started.  Is there any place to buy one in Texas? I did not know they made them but do not want to go to CZ to get one. Kay
          • Joe Janecka
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2 7:04 PM
              There may be some at Maggie's in West.  Try: http://www.maggiesfabricpatch.com/p13.htm
              It looks like the clocks there have written Czech numbers.  You can e-mail her for the answer.

              Joe

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2 7:18 PM
                Yes, here is image.

              • CWarschak@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2 10:20 PM
                  I purchased my Czech clock at a booth being operated by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center Inc.at one of the Czech Heritage meetings. It has a plain white background (no  picture) but contain the letters "TCHCC" in the center.  The letters are in red, white and blue.
                  Carroll Warschak