Czech Numbers

  • Al and Kay
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
      I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
        Go to the FamilySearch website and under research helps, click articles, then C. The Czech Genealogical Word List is the last item. The list includes an entire section on numbering.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

        To: texasczechs@yahoogroups.com
        From: akpolansky@...
        Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:48:46 -0600
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech Numbers

        I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay

        Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.
      • Willie Petruy
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          jeden,dva,tri hacek on r,ctyri hacek on c and r,pet,sest hacek on 1st s,sedm,osm,devet,deset,jedenact,dvanact.  Carla
          I want to make my husband a clock with the numbers written in Czech. I can say the numbers, kinda, but can not spell them. Thanks, Kay

        • Allen Livanec
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
             The clock that I bought from the Czech Republic has the numbers written as follows starting with 1: Jedna, Dve(hacek over "e", Tri (hacek over "r"), Ctyri ( Hacek over "C" & "r"), Pet (hacek over "e") Sest (hacek over "S"). Sedm, Osm, Devet (hacek over 2nd "e"), Deset, Jedenact ( Carka over "a) & Dvanact (Carka over "a").

            Allen

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
              Thanks for all the help with the numbers and now I can get started.  Is there any place to buy one in Texas? I did not know they made them but do not want to go to CZ to get one. Kay
            • Joe Janecka
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                There may be some at Maggie's in West.  Try: http://www.maggiesfabricpatch.com/p13.htm
                It looks like the clocks there have written Czech numbers.  You can e-mail her for the answer.

                Joe

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                  Yes, here is image.

                • CWarschak@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                    I purchased my Czech clock at a booth being operated by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center Inc.at one of the Czech Heritage meetings. It has a plain white background (no  picture) but contain the letters "TCHCC" in the center.  The letters are in red, white and blue.
                    Carroll Warschak