OBIT: Julia M. Hermes Krejci

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009

      JULIA M. HERMES KREJCI

      E-mail Visit Guest Book

      JULIA M. HERMES KREJCI

      VICTORIA - Julia M. Hermes Krejci, 89, of Victoria passed away, Nov. 27, 2009. She was born May 1, 1920 in Koerth to the late Steve and Mary Hermes. Julia was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church.
      In addition to her parents, Julia was preceded in death by her husband, Augustin L. Krejci; sisters, Margaret Hermes and Rose Newell; and brothers, Alphonse, Mark and Carl Hermes.  She is survived by her children, Virginia Richter and husband Bill, Charles Krejci and wife Charlene, and Kenneth Krejci and wife Suzanne; 10 grandchildren, Robert Richter, Diane Janak, Nancy Richter, Julie Kretschmer, Jeff Krejci, Jennifer Andrews, Janet Duss, Christopher Krejci, Kevin Krejci, and Collin Krejci; nine great-grandchildren; and brothers, Monsignor Eustace Hermes, Frank Hermes, and Ervin Hermes.
      A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009 at Rosewood Funeral Chapel. Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 4, 2009 at Holy Family Catholic Church with Father Greg Korenek officiating. Entombment will follow at the Resurrection Mausoleum.

      Rosewood Funeral Chapels is in charge of arrangements, 361-573-4546.  Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.mem.com.
      Published in Victoria Advocate from December 1 to December 3, 2009
    • Titus & Diane Ashour
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        A few years ago someone posted this link for Czechoslovakian Moon Cookies to celebrate St. Nicholas Day on Dec. 6.  We enjoy making these, so I thought I would repost the link.  By the way, 6 oz. of chocolate bits is about 3/4 cup and 1/2 pound confectiners sugar is 1 1/2 cups.

        Diane Ashour
      • Rachel Carns
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
          I would love to make these, but what are the chocolate bits?

          Thanks,

          Rachel Sustr Carns

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
            I just use semi-sweet chocolate chips. I bet you could use chopped chocolate baking bar, also, since it goes in the food processor anyway.  I searched on the internet, and it looks like "chocolate bits" are actually a product, but I haven't noticed it in the store.
            Diane