RE: [TexasCzechs] Unknown Military Man

  • Paula Foster
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009

      --- On Sat, 10/31/09, Patricia Mercincavage <niptrix@...> wrote:
      Pat, I found out this weekend it is my 3rd Cousin whose family stayed in Moravian.  I am assuming it is Austrian unless Moravia had its own uniforms during WWI.

      paula
      From: Patricia Mercincavage <niptrix@...>
      Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Unknown Military Man
      To: texasczechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 10:54 PM

      Paula,
      I can't say what type of uniform it is, but I can at least say the uniform does not look at all like my Grandpa Emitt Machacek's WWI US Infantry uniform.

      Pat Mercincavage
      Researching Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Hieronymus, Shaw, and many others.

      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
      Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 04:10:19 -0700
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Unknown Military Man [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Paula Foster included below]

      Can anyone tell me if this is a American Military Uniform or a Austrian Uniform.  Also, if possible the time period this was taken.  paulasmaggie

    • Patricia Mercincavage
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
        Wow, what a great photo, and I'm glad you were able to learn his identity.

        Pat Mercincavage.

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        From: pfosterbmt@...
        Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 02:34:15 -0800

        From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
        Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 04:10:19 -0700

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
          Yes, it is.  My grgr Aunt's granddaughter found me on line.  She has been sending pictures of family I would never seen.  Unfortuantly, a lot are unmarked, but luckly I had some pictures we could match.  So, this is what a call a "rewarding" fun research.  What is sad many of the pictures will never be identified.  So, lesson learned.  Mark all pictures.   paulasmaggie

          To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
          From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net
          Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 02:34:15 -0800

          From: pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net