Vlasta Stavinoha / John & Bertha Kainer

  • keith.beal@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      I'm trying to find information in regards to my great-grandmother Vlasta Stavinoha-Beal. She married my great-grandfather Frank Beal and they had 3 children; Ben Beal, Bessie Beal Jezisek, and an infant that died and is buried in Hillje, Texas at St. Andrew's cemetery. 1890-1973 is her birth date, and date she died.

      My great-great grandfather originally settled in Garwood, Texas but Frank & Vlasta lived in El Campo, then to Danevang.

      I'm also seeking information on John & Bertha Kainer. I'm unsure how we are tied together, but always heard my grandmother speak of them.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Keith
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
        Keith,

        First, I am not directly related to any of the people you mention, but I have several resources at my disposal that I have gleaned.

        The first, available online, is the FamilySearch Labs site: http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

        This site contains death certificates for Texas up to 1976.

        Vlasta Stavinoha Beal's death certificate shows she was born 23 Dec 1890 in Fayette County, Texas, to Felix Stavinoha and Mary, maiden name unknown. She died 24 Feb 1973 at Nightingale Hospital in El Campo. This hospital is now defunct. It lists her as widowed and shows burial in Holy Cross Memorial Park in El Campo.

        Using that same website, I was able to find her father's death certificate. It shows that he died of a cerebral hemmorhage. His birth date is 20 Nov 1843 in Zabrel, Moravia. He died 12 Nov 1921 in Louise, Wharton County, and was married at time of death. I have the Wharton County cemetery books compiled by the Wharton County Historical Commission and Sammy Tise, which show he is buried at St. Andrew's Cemetery in Hillje.

        It lists the following for him and Marie:

        STAVINOHA, Felix, 20 Lis 1843 - 12 Lis 1921; b. V. Zabrehu, NA Morave; Lis is the abbreviation for the Czech word for November.

        STAVINOHA, Marie, 8 Zar 1846 - 20 Led 1929; b. V. Nove Bele. NA Morave

        Zar is September and Led is January.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

      • keith.beal@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2009
          Thank you. I had gone there, and found conflicting information elsewhere so I was hoping someone knew of them personally but this helps a bunch. I didn't see the image with the death certificate. I wondered how you knew which hospital, etc. I was hoping to branch out from them somehow and can't find the information. I'll keep digging.

          Thanks again,
          Keith