Obit - Ignaz Baca, 1896

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2009

      If anyone in this group has this man in his or her family tree and knows where he is buried, please let Rox Ann Johnson know. I have CC'd her on this message. He is not listed in any of Tise's books and thus, might be buried in Fayette county.

      Moulton News, 25 Nov 1896

      Passed Away.

      Ignaz Baca died at his home a few miles from Shiner Wednesday evening at 3 o’clock of consumption. He had been in poor health for a long time and his death was not unexpected. His wife died two years ago. The deceased left seven children; three boys and four girls. His eldest daughter is Mrs. John Kaspar. Mr. Baca was 48 years of age. He moved to this country in 1866 and settled in Fayette county. From there he moved here about eight years ago and bought one hundred acres of land. This he improved until now it is a valuable place.

      Mr. Baca was a man of thorough integrity and he was highly respected by all who knew him.

    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2009
        He might be in my husband's Baca tree.  His g-g-grandmother, Veronica Baca, arrived in Texas in 1866.  I'll have to check the tree tomorrow.

        Rosemary

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
            I had an Uncle by marriage whose name was Ignac Baca , whose father's name was also Ignac Baca, who said many years ago, that there was a small cemetery on the old Baca farm near Shiner.  At the time he intended to be buried there, however he moved to the valley and was buried in McAllen.
                                                                                                              Roy Hranicky