obit: Rudolf M. Stavinoha

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2009
      Mr. and Mrs. Herman Kloesel were called to Engle early Monday morning by news of the death of Mrs. Kloesel's father, Mr. Rudolf M. Stavinoha, prominent citizen and business man of the little community of Engle, whose sudden and unexpected death occurred at Santa Rosa Hospital, San Antonio, at 8:30  that morning.

      From Mr. Kloesel we learned that Mr. Stavinoha, while handling a big block of ice a few days ago, had the misfortune to let it slip and the huge piece of ice struck him on one leg, bursting a large blood vessel.  This blood ran through his leg and according to our understanding was like an overflowing river, a dangerous proposition.  His leg was packed in ice, but it was then that other measures had to be resorted to.  He was hurriedly taken to the San Antonio hospital and everything possible done for his welfare.  For a time, we understand, he seemed better, but suddenly Monday he took a turn for the worse and passed away very quickly.

      The body was brought home for burial and same took place Tuesday, we understand.

      Mr. Stavinoha is survived by his widow, two daughters, Mrs. John Koudelka of Borden, Mrs. Herman Kloesel of this city, two sons, Henry of Houston and Erwin of Engle, besides a host of relatives and friends.

      Mr. Stavinoha was highly regarded by all who knew him.  He had many friends throughout this section, all of whom deeply regret his untimely death.  All join us in expressions of sincere and heartfelt sympathy to his bereaved ones.

      Weimar Mercury Friday, May 27, 1933

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis