RE: [TexasCzechs] The Story of Dubina

  • Melinda Sims
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2000
      Frank --

      Thank you so much for forwarding the Dubina story to the list. The history
      of Dubina and Ammansville is something that I have been curious about for a
      while. I was very happy when I opened this e-mail! Does anyone on the list
      know the history of Ammansville?

      One set of my paternal great-grandparents, settled in Dubina when they first
      arrived. (In fact, they are buried in the Dubina Catholic Cemetery.) The
      other set of my Paternal great-grandparents, settled in Ammansville when
      they arrived. According to our family history, they were brick masons and
      laid the foundation for the Dubina Church when it was built.

      Thanks again,

      Melinda Sims