Re: [TexasCzechs] BOB BULLOCK MUSEUM/EXHIBIT

  • Paula Foster
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
      Angelina, At times like this I think of the strong Moravian Women.  I say Moravian because that is where most of my family came from.  These women must have had a very strong faith to endure all of this.  My Aunt Katerina Urban Valigura buried a young one, lost a young one at sea, sent the six year old daughter with her brother-in-law and family and after a few years in Hranice buried her young adult daughter.  Quite frankly I cannot imagine uprooting ones whole settled life, crossing the ocean in deplorable conditions, and then like you said going through immigration was not easy.  Most of our families did not know English or had love ones to meet them.   God love them, quite frankly I do not know if I could have done it.  paulasmaggie