OBIT: Martha Schmidt (Polasek) Holub

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      HOLUB, MARTHA
       View/Sign Guest Book

      MARTHA HOLUB

      EL CAMPO - Martha Holub, 93, passed away on Aug. 31, 2009. She was born on July 24, 1916 in Hillje to the late Louis and Beatrice Polasek Schmidt. She was a member of the CDA and KJZT.
      She is survived by her daughter, Patricia Dybala and husband Victor of El Campo; daughter-in-law, Janet Holub of El Campo; six grandchildren, Lisa Wright, Tamara Holzhausen, Darren Dybala, Jared Dybala, Wayne Holub, and Lori Janak; nine great-grandchildren, Megan Wright, Faith and Ava Holzhausen, Colton, Cade and Cambrie Holub, Morgan, Emma and Mitchell Janak; sisters, Henrietta Bures of El Campo and Aileen Chumchal of Hungerford; sister-in-law, Mildred Schmidt of El Campo; and brother, Gilbert Schmidt of Rocklin, Calif.  She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Victor William Holub; son, Dwight Victor Holub; and brother, Edwin Schmidt.

      Visitation begins at noon today at Triska Funeral Home. A rosary will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, at St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church. Funeral services will follow the rosary at 2 p.m. at the church. Burial will be at Holy Cross Memorial Park.  Pallbearers will be Darren Dybala, Jared Dybala, Jason Wright, Brooks Holzhausen, Wayne Holub, and Monty Janak.

      Memorial donations may be made to St. Philips Church Building Fund.
      Published in the Victoria Advocate on 9/2/2009
    • Jim & Elaine Hicks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        Once again, here's proof that I find out about the death of cousins faster from the Texas Czech Bulletin Board than I do from my relatives.  Please continue to post the obituaries.  An obit for Martha Schmidt Holub was posted this morning.  I'm so sorry to hear about our loss of Martha.  She was one of my last connections to my mother's Polasek family and was so very sharp with her intelligence, memory and eyesight that she was able to tell me so much about my mom's family and to identify the individuals in so many of my mom's oldest photographs even when she was 90+ years old.   Many, many thanks to Martha.

        Thanks to Ray J. Bacak for the post.

        Elaine Naiser Hicks

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          She did the same for me with our Schmidt photos and even with a lot of Krauskopf/Knebel/Holub photos that weren't even her relatives, but she knew them from growing up around them.  She could still remember even the tiniest detail about these people!  I had several good visits with her last year when she was helping me identify photos.  We sure will miss her!

          Nancy Krauskopf Schmidt
[...]

        • C Pingenot Forrest
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2009
            I was also saddened to learn of our loss of Martha.  She was a distant relative and I would appreciate e-mail responses from any of her relatives who can help me update my family records.  Please contact me at cb4rest@...

            Cecilia Pingenot Forrest
            Researching Smykal, Jakubik and Migl families

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
              Just sent my information to your personal email.

              Nancy Krauskopf Schmidt