Re: [TexasCzechs] Obituaries. Remove Oneself.

  • Jennifer Schubert
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
      I agree. While doing some research, I had a hard time figuring out how many siblings that my great-grandfather had. However, I stumbled onto his obit, and not only did I figure that out, but also found out his sisters' married names, as well as his mother's name. Until you start to use them, you don't realize how useful they can be.

      From: helen black <hmacha1965@...>
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 12:47 AM

      Though I do not do genealogical research, I can certainly say that the obituaries are invaluable sources of information for those who do this research.   Also, and equally as valuable, the obituaries offer an understanding of our own ancestors and other Czech families who settled in Texas communities.  We also get glimpses into their ways of life, their descendants, their family of origin, their religion, their occupation, their accomplishments: in other words, a social history of the Czechs.  The obituaries, current and past, certainly belong in this forum.

      I have found here obituaries of Czech people  from my community in north Texas who I had lost track of and always wondered what happened to them, especially the ones who moved away.

      Please keep the obituaries and thanks to those who submit them.  If one does not choose to read them,  there is always the "Delete" button.

      Sincerely,
      Helen Macha Black

      From: patsroar@embarqmail .com
      Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:24:56 -0500

      I also hope the obits continue.  Several have been very helpful to our family tree.  A few minutes spent deleting those which do not apply works fine.  Keep up the good work!

      Pat Lyon

      From: kpodz@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:26:54 -0500

      Could only current obits be posted to the group, others to archive, unless a request for a specific one? Thanks

    • watthuber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009

        You are right Sir John, I have names related to me to be very helpful. And my delete button works when I don't need some of them.
      • Jan
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
          What an awesome idea!!  I love the obits and the history they provide, but the marriage and birth announcements would be interesting also!

          joejanecka@... wrote:

          Personally, I'd rather see marriage and birth announcements.

          Joe

          To: texasczechs@ yahoogroups. com
          From: kpodz@...
          Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:26:54 -0500

          Could only current obits be posted to the group, others to archive, unless a request for a specific one? Thanks

        • texasczech2000
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 10, 2009
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Regina Janak <capmoment@...>

            I love reading all the emails, but find that going to Juno is always last on my list of things to do. Could you start emailing me at this email address: texasczech2000@... ? I sure would appreciate it.
            Kay
          • Cindy Neal
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 10, 2009
              You will need to go to Yahoo, sign in, and change your email address associated with your yahoo id.

              Cindy