Re: [TexasCzechs] Fixing Obits

  • epavlik
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi Carla, ect.

      I have always been under the impression that James Cranek father or grandfather changed the spelling from Krenek to Cranek sometimes around World War I.  I knew Jame, but knew his brother Lester Cranek much better.  Lester Cranek was the Colorado County Judge for many years.  I worked in Columbus from March 1968 to April 1974.

      Erwin