Re: [TexasCzechs] Lois' Attachment

  • Kay Appleby
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      Sorry, Lois, you've still got an attachment.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        Now that is really wierd because it didn't come across to Sir John so it has to be something to do with the egroup. I answered his email that was private to me and then I used a reply action to an egroup message which is the one you see. Sir John I give up..lois

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
          OK, I have a different idea Lois.  Are you sending in "text" format as opposed to "graphic/html" format?  If so, it is sending this graphic as an attachment instead of viewable at the bottom of the message.  So I agree, it must be coming from Yahoo!  Can you try changing your format?

          In Netscape 4.7, select EDIT, then PREFERENCES, then MAIL & NEWSGROUPS

          Then select IDENTITY, and make sure you have the box unchecked for 'attach my personal message (as a VCard)'
          Under FORMATTING, make sure you select the button for 'Use the HTML Editor to compose messages'
          Under that it asks how you want to handle the mail if the person (or mailgroup) you want to send to does not accept HTML.  Check the 'ask me what to do' one.

          Then select OK, close Netscape completely and reopen it.

          If you don't want to change to graphic mode, then I think those attachments will always be there, courtesy of Yahoo.

          Cindy