Re: [TexasCzechs] Kay Appleby: obits

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      What's more important feeding and sheltering your family or reaching our obit goal?

      This is a test reply to see if my attachment problem is clear. Can someone let me know if this reply came across without an attachment please................lois

      Steve Alvarez wrote:

      Kay  Thanks for sending them.  Even without the date or newspapers name, they will still provide clues for someone someday.  Besides, my goal for the obit section is 1,000 obits  for our e-group and each one you can send will help us reach that goal.  I'll post them tomorrow as I have to leave for work in a few minutes.
      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez Alvarez@...
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

      Lois Petter Pereira
      Researching Ahlhorm, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejewski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser. Home Page: http://ourczech.homestead.com/

    • alvarez@brokersys.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        Of course feeding and sheltering my family, except when I am mad at
        them, but that only last a little while.(smile)

        I will admit sometimes I find work gets in the way of my fun. With
        my job at the railroad we do not have to work if we don't want to.
        And it is very tempting sometimes to not work so I can play. But the
        flaw in this thinking is if I don't work, I don't get paid. Then I
        would have to answer to the wife. As any guy knows, we would rather
        face hell itself then an angry wife.

        I sent Richard G. a web page which I re-designed and wanted to know
        how it looked in netscape. He told me he had forwarded it to you
        since you use netscape. Maybe there was a misunderstanding between us.
        But since you ask. If you would be so kind as to go to my webpage
        and look not in the Texasczech obits. But in the other obit section
        and see if the columns line up in netscape and let me know if
        anything else looks out of whack. The dumb coding conflict between
        the two is driving me nuts. The page in "IE" looks great. But because
        I am not using netscape I don't know how it looks with that browser.

        I am at work so I can't add my link. I hope you still have it.

        God Bless
        Steve

        --- In texasczechs@y..., Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@s...> wrote:
        > What's more important feeding and sheltering your family or
        reaching our
        > obit goal?
        >
        > This is a test reply to see if my attachment problem is clear. Can
        > someone let me know if this reply came across without an attachment
        > please................lois

      • Lois Petter Pereira
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
          It does look great but I am over discussing that now since you mentioned railroad. Now, either you or maybe someone else on the list can help me with a railroad question. I have a great grandfather who worked for the railroad. He is not in Social Security information since he had a Railroad pension or something like that. Do you or anyone else know how in the world you go about getting information from the railroad about his pension or would I contact the railroad commission. This is Gene's (the hubby) great grandfather and I would love to get an application or something to continue looking for his parents.
          Any hints..........lois
          Again, the web page looks great and if you are a good little boy I will have a surprise for
          you in the next few days. If I send you a microsoft works file that I will convert to HTML will you be able to open it like Rick can?...........lois