Genealogyu Conference

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2000
      Dear Group,

      I have just returned from among other places, from a planning session for the
      genealogy conference to be held in Bryan at the end of July. It will be a
      most interesting and educational session I promise you.
      Please do not think that a genealogy conference is just a discussion about
      names and dates and places of dead people! Such a conference provides a
      common meeting place for the living progreny to get together and discuss what
      is happening in the culture today!!!
      And one of the great happenings is this web site and the exchanges that are
      taking place, the new people we are meeting, the friends we are forming. The
      conference will have a "computer room"....what about designating this the
      official site for "egroupers" to meet, get to know one another, exchange
      ideas regarding this site, and make it grow and grow. When patrick and i
      first worked on the web site a number of years ago our vision was that
      something like is now happening would happen...but we could not make it
      happen ourselves....it has taken all of you people to make it happen!!!
      It is becoming the "Texas Czech Electronic Happening Place" thanks to all of
      you!

      So,,, keep sharing,,, this is a wonderful thing that is happening!!

      Frank