Obituary, Bernita (Handols) Macha

  • Kay Appleby
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hello,
      So far I've been lurking on the list, but do have some obituaries I can post.  Unfortunately most have been given to me without the name or date of the newspaper.  Also, I may -- or may not -- have any additional information on these people, but am happy to check.  Conversely, I'd appreciate any additions or corrections to my posts.
      Kay Appleby
      ==================

      Bernita Macha Funeral Rites held Sunday
      Funeral rights for Mrs. Bernita Macha, 77, of Yoakum were held Sunday, March 24, 1991, at Buffington Funeral Home with the Rev. W. W. Connolly officiating.  Interment was in Hallettsville City Cemetery.
      Mrs. Macha died March 22 in a Yoakum nursing home.  A native of Houston, she was born September 16, 1913.  She was a member of First Baptist Church.
      Survivors include a son, Ronald E. Macha, Yoakum; and a grandchild.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Wilson E. Macha, in 1975; and a son, Don Wilson Macha.
      Pallbearers were James Frels, Julius Marburger, Covey Morrow, Ralph Polsin, Mike Grubert and Arthur Hermann III.  Honorary pallbearers were Dr. A. E. Mgebroff and Dr. David H. Watson.
      Memorial contributions may be made to charity of donor's choice.  [Error:  birth date is August 20th, 1913]
      --Name and date of newspaper unknown.

      BERNITA MACHA
        YOAKUM --  Bernita Macha, 77 of Yoakum, died in a local nursing home Friday, March 22, 1991.
      Mrs. Macha was born Sept. 16, 1913, in Houston and was a housewife.  She was a member of the First Baptist Church.
      Survivors:  Son, Ronald E. Macha of Yoakum and a grandchild.
      Preceded in death by husband, Wilson E. Macha in 1975; son Don Wilson Macha.
      Services at 2 p.m. Sunday at Buffington Funeral Home, the Rev. W. W. Connally.
      Burial in Hallettsville City Cemetery, under direction of Buffington Funeral Home, Yoakum, 293-2333.
      --Name and date of newspaper unknown