Re: [TexasCzechs] Kolaches, Beer, and Dancing --Celebration

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 4:25 AM
      Hi Becky - Sounds like youll will have a wonderful time! Czech and Then Some is a good group. Yes, the jeadanecky term was used frequently in my family too. I would guess it kind of means oh,my goodness. My mom always says 'yay, yay' too, which seems to mean she is kind of unhappy with what she heard or something like that. It's funny, when you try to translate it to English, it does not seem to have the same effect. Have a great time! Best wishes to the young couple too! Julie Herzik Matus

      From: BecMeinzer@...
      Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:45:15 EST

> [...]
      >at the Dallas Horticulture Center. We are going to pin a "rosemarina" on all
      >wedding guests. We are having Shiner Bock beer, as well as, other beers and
      >wine. The topper of the wedding cake is a beautiful Austrian Swarosky
      >crystal piece of 2 swans on a mirror with a red crystal heart between them.
      >To make sure we maintain the TexasCzech culture, we also have a Crystal Texas
      >Longhorn paperweight on the groom's cake since he's a true UT alumni. I am
      >also using a lot of my Czech crystal on the sign in table, and cake tables.
      >At 5 PM, Michna's from Waco is catering the wedding with Czech sausage (my
      >husband's cousin, Ronnie Pustejovsky who owns the Ole Czech Smokehouse and
      >Bakery in West, supplies Michna's with the sausage), beef, hot German
      >buttered potatoes, sauerkraut, beans, and best of all, fresh baked bread. At
      >7:30, my cousin from Ennis, Danny Zapletal, and his band "Czech and Then
      >Some" will begin playing the Wedding March which will be lead by our cousins,
      >Gary and Betsy (Janda) Pustejovsky. Then the polkas, waltzes, and Texas
      >two-steps begin for the evening. Hopefully, by one or two the next morning
      >I'll collapse in bed from exhaustion. Does this celebration sound at all
      >familiar to any TexasCzech listers out there? If you are in the Dallas area,
      >you might want to come by on the 10th and help us all celebrate.
      >By the way, Tracey and Jared are leaving 10 days after the wedding to spend 5
      >months in Innsbruck, Austria where Tracy will be studying abroad for a
      >semester while working on her Masters Degree in Architecture. Jared, who is
      >an architect also will be working for his company F&S Architects on a laptop
      >they have provided him for the five months. Although Jared says he will be
      >skiing most of the time. Tracey will be doing a photography independent
      >study on Prague and its architecture as worked out with one of professors.
      >She is also doing a historical independent study on architecture, as well as,
      >one class at the University in Innsbruck. Not bad -- a 5 month honeymoon in
      >Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, etc... By the way, it also helps that
      >Jared is fluent in German.
      >Well, I thought I'd let you know what was going on. I know I won't be
      >posting again for a while, after the 10th maybe, if I'm still alive. I'm
      >pulling my hair out trying to get everything done. As my Granny Kutach used
      >to say in Czech, "Yeah die netchkey" (That is a close phonetic spelling )
      >Has anyone heard something like that expression before? She would sigh, say
      >that expression, and then shake her head back and forth. I always thought it
      >was something like "have mercy". I need more than mercy, I need prayers.
      >Anyway, I hope I've added some fuel to the fire on kolaches, beer, dancing,
      >etc...
      >Becky Meinzer
      >becmeinzer@...
      >Surnames: KUTACH, NOVOBILSKY, MUEHLSTEIN,

      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala, Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek
      --
    • maryadonf@worldnet.att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22 6:02 PM
        Becky
        I just saw your daughter's picture in the West News. She made a
        beautiful bride. I'm sure you are real proud of her. If you would
        like the write up from the West news send me your snail address and
        I'll be have to send up the write-up.
        Mary Holy
        maryadonf@...