obit: Charles John Vitek

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Charles John Vitek, 86, a retired executive for General Dynamics, passed away Friday, Jan. 14, 2005, in Garland.

      Graveside service: 10 a.m. Monday in Greenwood Memorial Park.

      Memorials: American Heart Association, 2401 Scott, Fort Worth 76103.

      Charles John Vitek, a third-generation Texan, was born Aug. 16, 1918, in Granger. He served in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II. Charles was a longtime resident of Fort Worth. His last words might have been, "I wish I had time for one more polka."

      Charles was preceded in death by brother, George L. Vitek; sister, Lucille Hamlett; and parents, Karel Jan Vitek and Vlasta Cervenka Vitek.

      Survivors: Wife, Lila Kinnamon; sons, Philip C. Vitek and wife, Judith Dale, and Ted Vitek; granddaughters, Katherine D. Vitek and Lila E. Vitek; brother, retired Col. Richard Vitek and wife, Virginia; and many beloved nieces, nephews and friends.

      Published in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on 1/16/2005.