Fixing Obits

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      Leroy has brought to my attention a very good point which I thought would be good to share with the e-group.

      His letter: I have noticed some errors on the obits, Do you have the time for
      corrections?

      My response to this is as follows:

      I always have time to fix them.  I would like them to be correct.  As I am
      sure you know, when a person works with typing or writing over and over
      again, it is easy to miss an error. Thanks for the willingness to help.

      Just let me know who and what the error is.  If it is a change of the
      information such as a date or something like that.  I will put a note at the
      bottom of the obit showing the different information. If it is spelling then
      I will fix the spelling.

      So, If any of you see an error, Please let me know, so the error can be fixed.  I am hard headed so don't worry about hurting my feelings.  (PS: Lois you better not make one comment about me admitting being hard headed.)(smile)

      If you see where you could add a personal note to the obit, even if you did not submit the obit.  Feel free to contact me.  I can add the note to the bottom of the obit.  A person never knows when a personal note will help with a new contact or lead.

      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez

    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
        Now that is an excellent idea about adding a note at the bottom. I found one today in Sara's stack that I will be typing in that is from my family so I will just add it on right away and check the posted ones too. ......lois

        Steve Alvarez wrote:

[...]

        Steve Alvarez Alvarez@...
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
        Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

        Lois Petter Pereira
        Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser.

      • Willie Petruy

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
            Leroy was the driving factor on this brain storm.  Here we are posting obits to help other people and we were forgetting to help ourselves.

            God Bless
            Steve Alvarez

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
              Hi Carla, ect.

              I have always been under the impression that James Cranek father or grandfather changed the spelling from Krenek to Cranek sometimes around World War I.  I knew Jame, but knew his brother Lester Cranek much better.  Lester Cranek was the Colorado County Judge for many years.  I worked in Columbus from March 1968 to April 1974.

              Erwin