Re: [TexasCzechs] where to find obits and indexes to Mistek and 1910census

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2001
      These are not the indexes from the books. The CHS books are wonderful and I can't tell you how many times a week I
      use them. The problem I found with the indexes is the fact they are not inclusive. For example the Mistek book only has an
      index for a handful of pages and the census at the back of the book is in alpha order but if your ancestor lived with someone
      else then you have to go through the entire thing. What I did was sit down and went through the book page by page and
      noted each surname and the page. So you see the index that is shown is my work so I won't get in trouble. It also reflects
      the wonderful person's name who compiled the information and all the other necessary copyright info. Now on the 1910
      Fayette Co. census, which by the way is another great book, the person who did all the work also went to the courthouse and
      looked up marriage info if it was there and she noted the brides maiden name. Talk about a wealth of information in one book.
      I'd like to meet this Helen Layman because she must have a halo. Anyway on her index she shows the head of the household
      and there are some of the maiden names but it is not inclusive. I sat down with it and went through it page by page and noted each page and created my index from that. I was very hesitant to put this out on the net because I was afraid that people would just
      look at it and not buy the book but then I decided that if a surname is found they would be more likely to buy the book. I buy books if only 1 of my surnames is mentioned. I would feel really bad if my work would interfere with the sales of these books. I bought my Mistek book almost 8 or 9 years ago when it was advertised in the The Leader (a little local rag) and it was put in there by
      the Victoria CHS. I feel even if your relative is not in the book every Czech should have it because of the true history that is
      included there. Some of the lettes that they wrote are so sad but so true. I hope I answered your questions and I guess you are
      thinking God, I hate to ask her a simple question...................:> lois

      Steve Alvarez wrote:

      Lois Is it legal to post the index of a book on the internet without the authors permission.  Just curious since I have a book or two.  God Bless
      Steve Alvarez Alvarez@...
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek  ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 4:07 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] where to find obits and indexes to Mistek and 1910 census
       Go to the following link
      http://texasczechs.homestead.com/

      and while you are there the indexes to the Mistek Book and the 1910 Fayette County Czech Extracts are now online.........lois

      delsmaj@... wrote:

      I think I have missed where to view these obits.

      Del Smajstrla

      Lois Petter Pereira
      Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser.

      Lois Petter Pereira
      Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser.

    • Steve Alvarez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2001
        I will have to look at the books I have and if I ever have time. Do the same thing. It could really help people.

        God Bless
        Steve Alvarez