Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Houston artist brings Schulenberg dance hall back to life

  • Julie & Wes Matus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009

      I hope this guy's venture is a success!  I remember going to Kasper's to buy clothing and shoes and then the Lippmann's store too - I believe they sold fabric if I'm not mistaken.  My mom sewed all of our clothes when I was at home.  I used to sew my own clothes, but now have not done that in quite a while.  I don't remember where else you could buy fabric in Schulenburg.

      The one grocery store always gave 'coupons' for so many groceries you bought and my Mom was able to get a set of dishes for all four of us kids and herself as well.  I still have those dishes in the 'china cabinet/pie safe' from my Mom's house.  We use them occasionally, but they are 'special' dishes.

      It's fun to remember old memories.

      Julie