Re: [TexasCzechs] obit: Gladys Myree Matus

  • Regina Janak
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2009
      O.K. Thanks for your help.

      Regina

      --- On Wed, 4/15/09, Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...> wrote:
      From: Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...>
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] obit: Gladys Myree Matus
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 8:52 PM

      Hi Regina,

      I checked the SSDI and found Felix Matus died in 1978.  The online newspapers do not go back that far.

      If you are interested in an obit, I'd suggest you contact the town library or newspaper where he lived.  I have acquired obits from libraries for $1.00 or so.

      Rosemary

      From: Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@comcast. net>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: Gladys Myree Matus
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 8:46 AM

      Gladys Myree Matus, 88, Hillsboro passed away Monday, December 31, 2007, at Hill Regional Hospital in Hillsboro.

      Gladys was born January 31, 1919 in the Crow Community located north of Whitney the daughter of Johnathan Eli and Pearl Allen Crow. On April 17, 1950 she married Felix Matus and he preceded her in death in 1978. A life long resident of Hill County, she had resided in Hillsboro for many years and had been living at Town Hall Estates Nursing Home for the past year. Gladys had worked as a telephone operator for Southwestern Bell Telephone in Hillsboro for many years. She was a member of the College Hill Church of Christ in Hillsboro. Also preceding her in death were her parents, four sisters, and one brother.

      Survivors include two sisters, Hazel Allen Crow of Hillsboro and Lucille Camp and her husband, B. I., of Fort Worth; numerous nieces, nephews, and many great-nieces and nephews.

      Marshall and Marshall Funeral Home - Whitney, TX