Pamatnik

  • dorisbeseda
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 15, 2009
      Does anyone have page 102 of the pamatnik project saved? I can't seem to get to it. If someone could send me an email attachment if they have it, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
    • susan havelka
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 16, 2009
        Hello Doris,
        What is the pamatnik project?
        Susan

        Does anyone have page 102 of the pamatnik project saved? I can't seem to get to it. If someone could send me an email attachment if they have it, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

      • Joe Janecka
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 16, 2009

          Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:13 AM
          Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Pamatnik

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 16, 2009

            Quite interesting!

            Joe

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 16, 2009
              Pamatnik Project is a book that is about 100 years old. It has photographs and members of many of the Czech Catholics in Texas. Go to this link:
              http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~czech/pamatnik.html
              I can get to any other photo besides the one on page 102 West, TX and that is the one I need.
              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, susan havelka <susanhavelka@...> wrote:

              > Hello Doris,
              > What is the pamatnik project?
              > Susan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • tjs
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 16, 2009

                Doris and Susan.

                I have the site saved in Favorites, but for some reason it does not link to Page 102.  I checked for other pages and they are good.

                http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~czech/pamatnik.html

                Since this was a SPJST project, there might be several lodges which have a copy of the book. I do know that the SPJST library in Ennis and the CZ. Heritage Soc. Library in Houston has a copy.

                The Pamatnik was published in 1920.

                The El Campo- Hillje Lodge there is a group picture in which my mother as a young child with several of her siblings and her father. There are a large number of persons in the photo and it is hard to recognize anyone.  I have spoken to several persons who are in the El Campo-Hillje Lodge today, but they did not know what I am speaking about.  I am hoping to find an original photo. Many years ago the Lodge building at Hillje burned. I remember when I was a small boy before ’45 of going to several plays at the Hillje Hall and later the many dances.

                T J

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 17, 2009
                  The book was to commemorate all of the chapters of this separate organization which raised money for the newly independent. Maybe the members of these organizations were SPJST members or other organizations but this movement had chapters all over the United States but this book is specifically for Texas. Each city had a chapter with officers to raise funds and support the cause of an independant Czechoslovak state with Tomas Masaryk as president after WWI. If you look at the listing of the pages C.N.S (Ceskoslovenske Narodni Sdrzeni) West, Texas for example was one chapter. Some had seperate chapters for the ladies. I am not sure the exact amount raised but it helped the new government get its feet on the ground after the war. In 20 years Czechoslovakia grew to be the top ten economies/industries in the world, up there with Great Britain and US.
                  Rough Title page translation:
                  Memorial to/about Texas Czechoslovaks which existed between the years 1914-1920 to work for the independence of the old country. Published by Czechoslovak National Independence movement Texas and Louisiana.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 20, 2009
                    thank you. will check it out.

                    Pamatnik Project is a book that is about 100 years old. It has photographs and members of many of the Czech Catholics in Texas. Go to this link:
                    http://freepages. genealogy. rootsweb. ancestry. com/~czech/ pamatnik. html
                    I can get to any other photo besides the one on page 102 West, TX and that is the one I need.

                    --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, susan havelka <susanhavelka@ ...> wrote:

                    > Hello Doris,
                    > What is the pamatnik project?
                    > Susan
                    >

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • PJ Fowler
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 1, 2011
                      There are no family members of Joseph Bunata in Ennis Texas that I know of.
                      Pat
                    • aarmc6
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2014
                        I just found this incredible source.  Does anyone know if there is a searchable index for the Pamatnik Project?
                      • Matt Cross
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 13, 2014
                          You might try searching the group message archives because I'm fairly certain this source has been discussed previously.

                          Matt Cross

                          From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                          To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 07:31:34 -0700
                          Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Pamatnik

                          I just found this incredible source.  Does anyone know if there is a searchable index for the Pamatnik Project?

                        • Roland Beausoleil
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 15, 2014

                                Beau

                            I just found this incredible source.  Does anyone know if there is a searchable index for the Pamatnik Project?