Covering statues during Lent?

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 10:55 AM
      Hi Group,

      I've been trying to remember Lent when I was a child (50 years ago).  Did they cover the statues for all of Lent or just during Holy Week?

      Rosemary
    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 11:10 AM
        I don't remember. In fact, you mentioning right now brought it back to me that they were covered but I can't remember if it was just during Holy Week. I want to say just Holy Week but I have so many holes in my memory I can't be certain...lois

        Lois Petter Pereira

        I've been trying to remember Lent when I was a child (50 years ago).  Did they cover the statues for all of Lent or just during Holy Week?

        Rosemary
      • susan havelka
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 6:19 PM
          Our statures are not covered at St. Anthony's in Columbus and I know they are not covered in the Hostyn Catholic Church either.  Holy Week is coming up.  May you all have a Blessed Easter with you families.
          Susan

          I've been trying to remember Lent when I was a child (50 years ago).  Did they cover the statues for all of Lent or just during Holy Week?

          Rosemary
        • Allen Livanec
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 9:09 PM
            It is no longer a requirement to cover the statues. They were always covered when I was growing up.

            Allen L.