Rosemary Ermis -- Question Please

  • Loretta Wotipka-Riely
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2009
      Dear Rosemary,

      Would you please look and see if you can find the obit's for 3 of my Grandfathers.  (Wotipka / Votypka)

      They all lived in Flatonia, Texas, and are buried in the City Cemetery.

      Martin Wotipka
      Born-- Nov. 09, 1846
      Died-- Apr. 13, 1943

      Cyril Votypka
      Born--Jun. 30, 1814
      Died--Jul. 08, 1858

      Josef Votypka
      Born--?
      Died--?

      I know these are pretty old obits but please see what you can do.  Thank you for you help Rosemary,  Loretta Ann

    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29, 2009
        Loretta,

        What is your source for Cyril Wotipka's burial location? His second wife is buried at Praha Catholic Cemetery, as is her second husband, Frantisek Branecky.

        Also, as an FYI, Martin's daughter Annie Wilomena Wotipka married John Clement Hajek, who was Marie Hajek Wotipka Branecky's nephew.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

        To: texasczechs@yahoogroups.com
        From: lottie_pottie@...
        Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:24:29 -0700
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] Rosemary Ermis -- Question Please

        Dear Rosemary,

        Would you please look and see if you can find the obit's for 3 of my Grandfathers.  (Wotipka / Votypka)

        They all lived in Flatonia, Texas, and are buried in the City Cemetery.

        Martin Wotipka
        Born-- Nov. 09, 1846
        Died-- Apr. 13, 1943

        Cyril Votypka
        Born--Jun. 30, 1814
        Died--Jul. 08, 1858

        Josef Votypka
        Born--?
        Died--?

        I know these are pretty old obits but please see what you can do.  Thank you for you help Rosemary,  Loretta Ann

        Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.
      • Loretta Wotipka-Riely
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2009
          Matt,

          When I visit my dad's grave in Flatonia, I noticed the other tombstones.  I never knew any of my Grandfathers.

          I need to look at the pictures I took of the tombstones again.  Some only have the dates and Mother or Father on them.  Will check this out tomorrow and get back with you.

          I remember you are a descendant of Cyril's second marriage with
          Marie Ann  Hajek?

          How interesting that another Hajek married into the Wotipka family.  I have Annie's name as Anna.  Same person I'm sure.

          Loretta Ann

          lennonluv@hotmail. com

          To: texasczechs@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2009
            Dear Loretta,

            I would love to help you, but the on-line newspapers only go back to 2000, if I am lucky to access those.

            Quite a few county websites are putting old obits online.  The link to Fayette County is below.

            Sorry I am unable to help you.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
              My relationship to the Wotipkas is through the Hajeks, but I am not a direct descendant. Marie Hajek's sister Terezie Hajek Berckenhoff was my great-great-great-grandmother.

              It might be of interest to some others in the group to post pictures you have of the tombstones. I know some members of this group descend from Marie's second marriage to Frantisek Branecky.

              Matt Cross
              lennonluv@...

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

              From: lottie_pottie@ sbcglobal. net
              Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:24:29 -0700

              Dear Rosemary,

              Would you please look and see if you can find the obit's for 3 of my Grandfathers.  (Wotipka / Votypka)

              They all lived in Flatonia, Texas, and are buried in the City Cemetery.

              Martin Wotipka
              Born-- Nov. 09, 1846
              Died-- Apr. 13, 1943

              Cyril Votypka
              Born--Jun. 30, 1814
              Died--Jul. 08, 1858

              Josef Votypka
              Born--?
              Died--?

              I know these are pretty old obits but please see what you can do.  Thank you for you help Rosemary,  Loretta Ann

              Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.

              Quick access to Windows Live and your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.
            • luvjazldy@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
                I am Kubelka - I saw that name in your group.

                I just wondered where they came from?  Czech or Hungarian - or is there a difference.

                How would you ever find that stuff out.

                My grandmother was a Toth - Hungarian and married Joseph Kubelka after they met at Ellis Island.

                Thank you,

                Pauline Kubelka

                To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com

                From: lottie_pottie@ sbcglobal. net
                Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:24:29 -0700

                Dear Rosemary,

                Would you please look and see if you can find the obit's for 3 of my Grandfathers.  (Wotipka / Votypka)

                They all lived in Flatonia, Texas, and are buried in the City Cemetery.

                Martin Wotipka
                Born-- Nov. 09, 1846
                Died-- Apr. 13, 1943

                Cyril Votypka
                Born--Jun. 30, 1814
                Died--Jul. 08, 1858

                Josef Votypka
                Born--?
                Died--?

                I know these are pretty old obits but please see what you can do.  Thank you for you help Rosemary,  Loretta Ann

                Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.

                Quick access to Windows Live and your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.

                Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.
              • Loretta Wotipka-Riely
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
                  Dear Matt,

                  Still looking for those pictures.  We have recently done some remodeling and things are in boxes.  Don't give up on me!

                  Loretta Ann Wotipka Riely

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
                    Dear Pauline,

                    I am not related to any Kubelka's that I know of.  If you know of any connections please let me know.

                    I have been researching my family's genealogy on and off for 30 years.  It's time consuming but well worth it.  The sources I've found most helpful to me are birth / death / census records.

                    Loretta Ann Wotipka Riely

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
                      Yes, you never know what you might find in a box! :)
                      Matt Cross
                      lennonluv@...

                      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                      From: lottie_pottie@...
                      Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:38:16 -0700
                      Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Matt Cross, Cyril Wotipka/Votypka

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 31, 2009
                        Thanks, Loretta

                        It just haunts me - that I don't know anything about where they came from -
                        I'll keep looking and asking.

                        Thanks for your input. Now I know it is a worthwhile search.

                        smiles

                        Pauline