obit: Ann Ashcraft Machalek

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2009

      Ann Machalek
      October 27, 1919 - August 2, 2008

      Mrs. Ann Machalek, 88, of Temple, died Saturday, August 2, 2008 in a Temple nursing center.

      Graveside services will be held at 11:00 A.M. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at Bellwood Memorial Park in Temple.  Visitation will be Tuesday from 5-7 P.M. at Harper-Talasek Funeral Home in Temple.

      Mrs. Machalek was born to B.F. and Victoria Younts Ashcraft in Temple on October 27, 1919.  She was a resident of Temple most of her life.  She married Joe W. Machalek in Temple on July 4, 1940.  She was a homemaker.

      Survivors include two sons, Ronnie D. Machalek of Springfield, Virginia and Robert L. Machalek of Georgetown; two sisters, Geraldine Davis and Beulah Ward; four grandchildren; and six great grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her husband on February 15, 2004.

      In lieu of flowers, memorials are requested to Alzheimer's Association, 3429 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78731.

      from Harper-Talasek Funeral Home - Temple, TX
    • RondaT
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2013
        If anyone is looking into this Machalek Family, Ann Machalek was my grandmother. I know that there are 2 Machalek families from Temple that are unrelated.
        Ronda