Hruska

  • Kathy Horak Smith
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 27, 2001
      This information came from my grandfathers marriage and funeral records. I
      purchased the books a few days ago. I'll be glad to do look ups for anyone.
      Rev. Frank Horak, Sr. was a minister in the Czech Moravian Brethren Church
      around Caldwell.

      Miss Annie F. Hruska married Emil Divis on July 20, 1933 in Caldwell, Texas.
      Congregation was Caldwell.

      The only Hruska that I can find in the funeral records is Thomas Hruska
      born: 1854 October 27
      Birthplace: Jablunka, Moravia
      died: 1931 April 21
      Place: at his home, Ellinger, Texas
      age: 76 years
      Buried 1931 April 22
      Cemetery Ellinger City Cemetery
      Funeral: Ellinger, Texas
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 10, 2002
        Willie,

        I have a Hruska uncle. He married my Aunt Janie Berka who passed away 9
        years ago. Uncle JC is still with us and spend lots of evening picking
        the geetar (as my Dad says) with my Dad and their cronies at the local
        VFW. I don't remember Uncle JC's parents names, but I'm sure they're
        buried around Caldwell, TX somewhere. That might be a starting place
        for you on the Hruska line. Hope this helps!

        Anita Berka
      • Twyla Hare
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 11, 2002
          Anita,
          You Uncle is my cousin. His father's name was John and I believe his wife's
          name was Lorene. I am at work right now and don't have access to my files,
          but if you need more information contact me: tgh7433@.... Yes they
          are burried in Caldwell.
          Twyla Hruska Hare

          > I have a Hruska uncle. He married my Aunt Janie Berka who passed away 9
          > years ago. Uncle JC is still with us and spend lots of evening picking
          > the geetar (as my Dad says) with my Dad and their cronies at the local
          > VFW. I don't remember Uncle JC's parents names, but I'm sure they're
          > buried around Caldwell, TX somewhere. That might be a starting place
          > for you on the Hruska line. Hope this helps!
          >
          > Anita Berka

        • Anita Berka
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 11, 2002
            Hi Twyla! Nice to meet you! I remember Uncle JC's parents and visiting
            at their house in Caldwell, but couldn't recall their names. Will file
            this info away for the family tree that I'm going to do one of these
            days.

            Anita
          • richardkotrla
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002
              Twyla:

              Contact Richard @ rjkotrla2@...

              Richard

              -- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Twyla Hare" <twyla.hare@m...> wrote:
              > Anita,
              > You Uncle is my cousin.
            • george patrick
              Message 6 of 18 , May 7, 2003
                Thanks, Anita,

                I will give him a call. Never know what the old guys can come up with.
                This past weekend I called an old "Petrek" in Bell County, trying to locate
                the grave of my G grandfather which I visited when I was a kid--but,
                couldn't remember where. I was certain it was in Bell but it wasn't showing
                up on the digital library of Bell cemeteries. Come to find out, he was
                buried in Westphalia Cemetery, Falls County.

                Thanks again,

                George
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 17, 2003
                  Thanks for the information on the Hruska family.  Until  a few months ago, I didn't know I had HRuskas in my family tree, but, it turns out Anna Hruska was my GGG grandmother on my father's side of the family.  Dorothy from the Texas Czech Museum and Library in Temple sent me some  from a couple of books.  Among the information was a translation of their permit to leave Moravia--Jan  And Anna (Hruska) Zabcik.  If anyone is interested I will try to forward a copy of the document to the group.

                  George of Austin
                • Elaine Malina
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 17, 2003
                    I would like to see a copy.
                    Thanks
                    Elaine Hruska Malina
                    Thanks for the information on the Hruska family.  Until  a few months ago, I didn't know I had HRuskas in my family tree, but, it turns out Anna Hruska was my GGG grandmother on my father's side of the family.  Dorothy from the Texas Czech Museum and Library in Temple sent me some  from a couple of books.  Among the information was a translation of their permit to leave Moravia--Jan  And Anna (Hruska) Zabcik.  If anyone is interested I will try to forward a copy of the document to the group.

                    George of Austin

                  • Kay Nelson
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 19, 2003
                      George,
                      I have had problems with my computer plus adjusting to a DSL service. If I haven't asked already, I would be interested in any information on the Hruska families.
                      Kay
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 3, 2005
                        I forgot to mention that the birth records from the mid 1800s to the late 1800s which are also included on the Fayette Co., Tx GenWeb Project includes a number of Hruska birth records as well as Hruska names who witnessed births.

                        Czech it out!

                        George of Austin
                      • FCP FCP
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 3, 2005
                          George...can you tell us the web adress for the tx project...tks Frank

                          George Patrick <GPATRICK@...> wrote:
                          I forgot to mention that the birth records from the mid 1800s to the late 1800s which are also included on the Fayette Co., Tx GenWeb Project includes a number of Hruska birth records as well as Hruska names who witnessed births.

                          Czech it out!

                          George of Austin

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • FCP FCP

                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 3, 2005
                                      George...can you tell us the web address for the tx project...tks Frank

                                      George Patrick <GPATRICK@...> wrote:
                                      I forgot to mention that the birth records from the mid 1800s to the late 1800s which are also included on the Fayette Co., Tx GenWeb Project includes a number of Hruska birth records as well as Hruska names who witnessed births.

                                      Czech it out!

                                      George of Austin

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    • Lois Petter Pereira