obit: Joe Vrla

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2009

      from Ennis Journal

      Joe Vrla

      Published: Monday, February 16, 2009 7:43 AM CST
      Joe Vrla, 84, passed away on Jan. 27, 2009, at Ennis Regional Medical Center. He was born in Ennis on Oct. 16, 1924 to John R. and Anna (Valek) Vrla. Joe lived and attended schools in the Ennis area. He then joined and served in the United States Navy for two years overseas. Joe moved to Dallas and married Miss Theresa Zabojnik on July 17, 1948 He worked for Universal, LTV, B and T Grinding and Supply Co. and Phillips and Jacobs. Joe was a member of KJT, Knights of Columbus, RVOS, and St. John Catholic Church.

      He is survived by his son, Ronnie I. Vrla, his daughter, Theresa and her husband James R. Slovak of Ennis, two grandchildren, Dr. Derek I. Slovak, and Lindsay M. Slovak; and his special friend, Rose Mikula.