Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Industry - Blazek family

  • nebeveridge@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
      Sounds like wise advice to heed, so I'll post this here, too: I took some pictures in 3 cemeteries over the weekend.  Does anyone know the best way to upload the pictures? I have done a few but it takes a long time to upload one at a time to the designated name in my tree - is there a way to upload them to a site and then link them to the person in the tree?

      These were gravesites in Holy Cross Memorial Park in El Campo.   I also took a few in Garden of Memories and a few at Red Bluff Cemetery near Lolita.
      I am going back as soon as I can to do more, as well as take photos in the Garden of Memories cemetery if I can locate where our family members are buried.  I would be happy to take a photo of someone's loved one's burial site if I have enough information to find them for you.

      All suggestions are always welcome, thanks in advance.

       Sandi
      www.southernlivingathome.com/sandibeveridge
      sandibeveridge@...

      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009

        Your welcome,  One of these days I will find a free website besides Rootsweb which will give a large amount of free web space without pop-ups and large banners to hold the stuff I have collected in the Austin county area.. Then I will take  the time to post it.

        STeve

        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009

          Your 1st step is to load them on your computer and reduce the size.  Most cameras load a picture 2mb and up.  You need to reduce it as small as possible without a loss of quality.  (way less than 1mb.)

          You will be surprised at how fast it will upload if you do that.

          I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
          you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
          according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
          brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

          My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
          Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
          brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

          Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
          this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
          is hlnaizer@....

          Hank Naizer

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@...> wrote:

          > Hank,
          >
          > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
          putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
          take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

          > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
          Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
          Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
          daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
          (looks like) Ian, 7.

          > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
          showed he died from stomach cancer.

          > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
          Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
          Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

          > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
          >
          > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
          research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

          > Cynthia
          >

          > ________________________________

          Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

        • Cynthia Greer
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
            Hank,
            Do you know where they lived, died, or are buried?  My Josef Blazek was born January 7, 1832 and died June 17, 1902, that is what is on his gravestone.   Census records state he immigrated in 1883, but I have not located that ship record.   He lived in Nelsonville, TX. and is buried at the Industry Immaculate Conception Cemetery.  Ignac is buried there also, and as you stated, his information appears to match.  Do you have a copy of the ship manifest for Josef Blazek and who came with him?  I do not have anything on a Frank Blazek born in 1834. What record do you have that shows your Josef Blazek's date of birth as January 11, 1833?  My Great Grandfather and Great-Great Grandfather are both Josef Blazek, so those I am sure of.  Sometimes dates can get off track as some of the record keeping of those days was probably difficult due to the language barriers and not being able to read and write in English.  I was amused with the immigration papers where Josef Blazek's signature is an "X" and referred to as "his mark".

            I would love to be able to connect these, but there were so many Blazek families with the same names and dates of birth or death so close.  To make it even more difficult I found that, even though not related, they seemed to give their children the same names as the unrelated Blazeks had, making it is really hard to know for sure.  My grandmother gave me this information and I am still researching to find the relationship connection, as you can tell.

            Hoping there is a linkage,

          • Cynthia Greer
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
              I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

              Thank you all!

              I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
              you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
              according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
              brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

              My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
              Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
              brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

              Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
              this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
              is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

              Hank Naizer

              --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

              > Hank,
              >
              > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
              putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
              take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

              > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
              Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
              Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
              daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
              (looks like) Ian, 7..

              > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
              showed he died from stomach cancer.

              > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
              Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
              Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

              > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
              >
              > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
              research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

              > Cynthia
              >

              > ____________ _________ _________ __

            • Paula Foster
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                Thank you all!

                I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                Hank Naizer

                --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                > Hank,
                >
                > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                (looks like) Ian, 7..

                > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                showed he died from stomach cancer.

                > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                >
                > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                > Cynthia
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • Sir John
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                  Paula,

                  When you get the first menu of Familysearch.org, there are many, many additional menus to select from.  Where do you find the box to type in county/location for death certificates?????

                  Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                  Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                  I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                  Thank you all!

                  I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                  you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                  according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                  brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                  My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                  Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                  brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                  Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                  this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                  is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                  Hank Naizer

                  --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                  > Hank,
                  >
                  > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                  putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                  take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                  > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                  Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                  Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                  daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                  (looks like) Ian, 7..

                  > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                  showed he died from stomach cancer.

                  > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                  Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                  Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                  > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                  >
                  > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                  research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                  > Cynthia
                  >

                  > ____________ _________ _________ __

                • Cindy Neal
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009

                    Cindy

                    Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
                    -Dr. Seuss

                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                      Oh thank you!  I'll try the thumbnail size and then go from there.  Thank you so much, Steve.

                      sandibeveridge@ gmail.com

                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                        Cindy,

                        Thanks for the information, and I just received it from Paula, too.  Family Search is a large site and even I have problems finding where to locate things, as I'm sure those that never have been there will.  When you first log onto www.familysearch.org, a complete different menu shows up.  Glad you posted the link for locating the death certificate site.

                        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                        Message 11 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                          Czech Family Histories/Texas Czech Genealogical Society

                          J6 Janis, Joseph Frank Sr. and Julie (Putejovsky) Pg 191 *This is Long

                          Zemsky Archiv Zamrsk Czech Repbulic

                          Jozefa Kubes bn 3-16-1866 Horni Hermanice #58 daughter of Frantisek Kubes bn 6-15-1839 Horni Hermanice #58 and Frantizka Blazek bn 4-16-1837 Horni Hermanice #58.  Jozefa d 12-7-1956 and is buried next to her husband at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in East Bernard, Wharton County Texas.

                          Added Note Josefa probably came to Texas in 1887 with her parents, Frantisek Kubes son of Jan Kubes and Mariana Pechacek who 7-21-1914 and Frantiska Blazek  daughter of Frank Blazek and Rosalie Beran who died September 1, 1914.  Both are buried at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in East Bernard, Wharton County Texas.

                          If you would like the complete story please email and I will copy and sent it to you as a pdf file next week.  paulasmaggie

                          Message 12 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                            I will give it a try.

                            thanks!

                            Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                            I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                            Thank you all!

                            I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                            you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                            according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                            brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                            My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                            Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                            brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                            Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                            this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                            is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                            Hank Naizer

                            --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                            > Hank,
                            >
                            > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                            putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                            take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                            > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                            Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                            Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                            daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                            (looks like) Ian, 7...

                            > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                            showed he died from stomach cancer.

                            > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                            Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                            Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                            > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                            >
                            > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                            research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                            > Cynthia

                          • Cynthia Greer
                            Message 13 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                              These are not my relatives.

                              thanks,
                              Cynthia

                              Message 14 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                                If you have a problem just let me know.  It is a great site.