Just for to Make things interesting Fran Blazek

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
      Funeral Services Held Monday For Frank Blazek, Jr. in Frydek

      Funeral services for Frank Blazek, Jr., 83, of Sealy were held Monday,
      February 8, 1993 at 10 a.m. from St. Mary's Catholic Church in Frydek with
      Rev. Bernard Snock celebrating the funeral mass and rite of committal.

      The K.J.T. and Knights of Columbus rosary was recited Sunday, February 7 at
      7 p.m. from the Knesek Bros./Etlinger Funeral Chapel in Sealy followed b the
      parish vigil wake service at 7:30 p.m. Interment was in St. Mary's Cemetery.

      Pallbearers for the service were Chris Whitcomb, Stephen Whitcomb, Lawrence
      Blazek, Harvey Horelica, John Bohac and Randy Hrnicko.

      Mr. Blazek was born on January 21, 1910 in Nelsonville to parents Frank and
      Agnes Blazek Sr. He was raised and attended school in Nelsonville and later
      married the former Miss Nola Seidel on February 5, 1936 in the Immaculate
      Conception Catholic Church at Industry.

      He was a retired painter who worked for Exxon for 27 years and was a member
      of St. Mary's Catholic church in Frydek, the K.J.T. Society in Frydek and
      the Sealy Knights of Columbus.

      Mr. Blazek died Saturday, February 6 in a local hospital.

      Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Nola Blazek of Sealy; daughters and
      sons-in-law, Ellen and Ellison Hrnicko of Wallis and Sherry and Robert
      Whitcomb of Frydek; grandchildren, Chris Whitcomb, Stephen Whitcomb, Randy
      Hrnicko and Susie Bohac; great-grandchildren, Chad Horelica, Todd Horelica,
      Ellison Hrnicko, Ryan Bohac, and Brooke Bohac.

      He is preceded in death by his parents, Frank and Agnes Blaze; sisters,
      Frances Krenek and infant girl Blazek; brothers, Ladgie, Bill and Joe
      Blazek; and granddaughter, Patricia Horelica.

      Funeral services were held under the direction of the Knesek Bros./Etlinger
      Funeral Chapel of Sealy.
    • Steve Alvarez
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
        Not always a good idea to exchange information off line. Someone could read
        your e-mail and
        you could find another connection.

        steve

        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
          Thanks for the obit, Steve.  I wasn't taking the Sealy News when he died, and mother didn't save the obit.  Frank was my dad's best friend.

          Rosemary Sodolak Ermis

        • nebeveridge@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
            Sounds like wise advice to heed, so I'll post this here, too: I took some pictures in 3 cemeteries over the weekend.  Does anyone know the best way to upload the pictures? I have done a few but it takes a long time to upload one at a time to the designated name in my tree - is there a way to upload them to a site and then link them to the person in the tree?

            These were gravesites in Holy Cross Memorial Park in El Campo.   I also took a few in Garden of Memories and a few at Red Bluff Cemetery near Lolita.
            I am going back as soon as I can to do more, as well as take photos in the Garden of Memories cemetery if I can locate where our family members are buried.  I would be happy to take a photo of someone's loved one's burial site if I have enough information to find them for you.

            All suggestions are always welcome, thanks in advance.

             Sandi
            www.southernlivingathome.com/sandibeveridge
            sandibeveridge@...

            is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

            Hank Naizer

            --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

            > Hank,
            >
            > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
            putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
            take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

            > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
            Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
            Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
            daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
            (looks like) Ian, 7.

            > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
            showed he died from stomach cancer.

            > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
            Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
            Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

            > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
            >
            > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
            research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

            > Cynthia
            >

            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Steve Alvarez
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009

              Your welcome,  One of these days I will find a free website besides Rootsweb which will give a large amount of free web space without pop-ups and large banners to hold the stuff I have collected in the Austin county area.. Then I will take  the time to post it.

              STeve

              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009

                Your 1st step is to load them on your computer and reduce the size.  Most cameras load a picture 2mb and up.  You need to reduce it as small as possible without a loss of quality.  (way less than 1mb.)

                You will be surprised at how fast it will upload if you do that.

                I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                is hlnaizer@....

                Hank Naizer

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@...> wrote:

                > Hank,
                >
                > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                (looks like) Ian, 7.

                > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                showed he died from stomach cancer.

                > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                >
                > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                > Cynthia
                >

                > ________________________________

                Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

              • Cynthia Greer
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
                  Hank,
                  Do you know where they lived, died, or are buried?  My Josef Blazek was born January 7, 1832 and died June 17, 1902, that is what is on his gravestone.   Census records state he immigrated in 1883, but I have not located that ship record.   He lived in Nelsonville, TX. and is buried at the Industry Immaculate Conception Cemetery.  Ignac is buried there also, and as you stated, his information appears to match.  Do you have a copy of the ship manifest for Josef Blazek and who came with him?  I do not have anything on a Frank Blazek born in 1834. What record do you have that shows your Josef Blazek's date of birth as January 11, 1833?  My Great Grandfather and Great-Great Grandfather are both Josef Blazek, so those I am sure of.  Sometimes dates can get off track as some of the record keeping of those days was probably difficult due to the language barriers and not being able to read and write in English.  I was amused with the immigration papers where Josef Blazek's signature is an "X" and referred to as "his mark".

                  I would love to be able to connect these, but there were so many Blazek families with the same names and dates of birth or death so close.  To make it even more difficult I found that, even though not related, they seemed to give their children the same names as the unrelated Blazeks had, making it is really hard to know for sure.  My grandmother gave me this information and I am still researching to find the relationship connection, as you can tell.

                  Hoping there is a linkage,

                • Cynthia Greer
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 3, 2009
                    I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                    Thank you all!

                    I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                    you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                    according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                    brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                    My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                    Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                    brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                    Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                    this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                    is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                    Hank Naizer

                    --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                    > Hank,
                    >
                    > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                    putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                    take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                    > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                    Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                    Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                    daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                    (looks like) Ian, 7..

                    > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                    showed he died from stomach cancer.

                    > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                    Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                    Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                    > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                    >
                    > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                    research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                    > Cynthia
                    >

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • Paula Foster
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                      Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                      I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                      Thank you all!

                      I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                      you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                      according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                      brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                      My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                      Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                      brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                      Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                      this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                      is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                      Hank Naizer

                      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                      > Hank,
                      >
                      > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                      putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                      take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                      > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                      Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                      Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                      daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                      (looks like) Ian, 7..

                      > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                      showed he died from stomach cancer.

                      > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                      Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                      Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                      > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                      >
                      > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                      research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                      > Cynthia
                      >

                      > ____________ _________ _________ __

                    • Sir John
                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                        Paula,

                        When you get the first menu of Familysearch.org, there are many, many additional menus to select from.  Where do you find the box to type in county/location for death certificates?????

                        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                        Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                        I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                        Thank you all!

                        I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                        you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                        according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                        brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                        My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                        Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                        brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                        Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                        this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                        is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                        Hank Naizer

                        --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                        > Hank,
                        >
                        > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                        putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                        take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                        > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                        Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                        Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                        daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                        (looks like) Ian, 7..

                        > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                        showed he died from stomach cancer.

                        > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                        Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                        Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                        > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                        >
                        > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                        research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                        > Cynthia
                        >

                        > ____________ _________ _________ __

                      • Cindy Neal
                        Message 11 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009

                          Cindy

                          Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
                          -Dr. Seuss

                          Message 12 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                            Oh thank you!  I'll try the thumbnail size and then go from there.  Thank you so much, Steve.

                            sandibeveridge@ gmail.com

                            Message 13 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                              Cindy,

                              Thanks for the information, and I just received it from Paula, too.  Family Search is a large site and even I have problems finding where to locate things, as I'm sure those that never have been there will.  When you first log onto www.familysearch.org, a complete different menu shows up.  Glad you posted the link for locating the death certificate site.

                              Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                              Message 14 of 25 , Mar 4, 2009
                                Czech Family Histories/Texas Czech Genealogical Society

                                J6 Janis, Joseph Frank Sr. and Julie (Putejovsky) Pg 191 *This is Long

                                Zemsky Archiv Zamrsk Czech Repbulic

                                Jozefa Kubes bn 3-16-1866 Horni Hermanice #58 daughter of Frantisek Kubes bn 6-15-1839 Horni Hermanice #58 and Frantizka Blazek bn 4-16-1837 Horni Hermanice #58.  Jozefa d 12-7-1956 and is buried next to her husband at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in East Bernard, Wharton County Texas.

                                Added Note Josefa probably came to Texas in 1887 with her parents, Frantisek Kubes son of Jan Kubes and Mariana Pechacek who 7-21-1914 and Frantiska Blazek  daughter of Frank Blazek and Rosalie Beran who died September 1, 1914.  Both are buried at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in East Bernard, Wharton County Texas.

                                If you would like the complete story please email and I will copy and sent it to you as a pdf file next week.  paulasmaggie

                                Message 15 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                                  I will give it a try.

                                  thanks!

                                  Cythia, Go to Family Search Org.  Put in Austin County there are 2 pages of Death Certificates for Buzek.  Put in Washington County and you have two names.  paulasmaggie

                                  I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

                                  Thank you all!

                                  I believe we've established a linkage. Yes Cyril and his family which
                                  you listed also arrived on the ship Suevia on October 5, 1883. This
                                  according to Baca's Vol VI publication. Cyril and Ignac have to be
                                  brothers. Cyril would be my wife's great grandfather.

                                  My researcher, Martin Pytr, also listed as Cyril's and Ignac's brother
                                  Frank, born Nov 24,1834 wife's name Paulina Magnusek and another
                                  brother names Josef born Jan 11, 1833.

                                  Let's communicate off this group list - it's no need to clutter up
                                  this message board with our detailed family tree history. My e-address
                                  is hlnaizer@swbell. net.

                                  Hank Naizer

                                  --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Cynthia Greer <cagreer77@. ..> wrote:

                                  > Hank,
                                  >
                                  > Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I was in Industry and Brenham
                                  putting flowers on everyone' graves and doing more research.  Didn't
                                  take my computer or the time to check e-mail while there.

                                  > Ignac Blazek, b. 6-8-1849, d. June 8, 1903, was married to Veronica
                                  Kurecky, b. 5-14-1849, d. 12-18-1933.  They immigraded, arrived,
                                  Ocotober 5, 1883 on ship "Suevia".  With Ignac and his wife were their
                                  daughters, Veronica, 8; Agnes, 5; Anna, 3; and Maria, under 1, and son
                                  (looks like) Ian, 7...

                                  > Ignac's death information does show he was born in Celadna, and
                                  showed he died from stomach cancer.

                                  > On the same page is another Blazek, hard to read, but it could be
                                  Ceryl (I'm finding a lot of misspelled names), wife Marianne, daughter
                                  Marianne, Apollonia, Franjiska, and a couple of names I cannot make out.

                                  > Does this sound like it could be your ancestors?
                                  >
                                  > I would love to be able to link the brothers together.  Did your
                                  research put Joseph or Frank with Ignac as a relative?

                                  > Cynthia

                                • Cynthia Greer
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                                    These are not my relatives.

                                    thanks,
                                    Cynthia

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Mar 5, 2009
                                      If you have a problem just let me know.  It is a great site.