Re: [TexasCzechs] What is a steed

  • Sir John
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 12, 2009
      Especially with suit made of beer cans and lance made from broom handle, as I think Sir Joe plans to do.  <G>

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

      --- On Thu, 2/12/09, Joe Janecka <joejanecka@...> wrote:

      Allen,

      Twenty four hours on "the rack" will purge your mind of such ludicrous thoughts!.

      Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 3:17 PM

      Joe, now what woman in her right mind would not take you!.  Too bad I am taken, maybe ask my cousin?   paulasmaggie

      From: Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net>
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 6:31 PM

      She probably do what I do, a typo.  She probably meant stead.  paulasmaggie

      From: Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@swbell. net>
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

      From: Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net>
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 12:52 PM

      Just a nice guy.  paulasmaggie

      From: janapivec <jesenwei@mdanderson .org>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech knights and nobles
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 10:12 AM

      Dear Sir John,

      Are you called that because of a knight in the Mikeska family history?

      I am asking because I have received some information from someone in
      Brno regarding my family as a family of knights, origin from Opava and
      Krnov /north Moravia/in the 15th century. After the battle on White
      mountain (1620), their holdings were confiscated.

      Can you recommend any references on Czech knights/nobility?

      Best wishes, jana