re the older obits that are being posted

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      People are going out and graciously looking for them. When the obit project first started we were shooting for 300 thinking we wouldn't get that many. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger. In fact I meant to give a shout out to Rosemary thanks for the hard work. I have been able to find a new branch to work on....lois petter pereira
      Lois Petter Pereira

      From: Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@comcast. net>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: Rudolph G. Kaspar
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:02 PM

      The KJT News January 2007
      Rudolph G. Kaspar, 78, of Taylor, passed away Wednesday, January 24 at his home with his family at his side.
      Rudy was born March 15, 1928 to John B. and Frances (Pokorny) Kaspar in the Polanka Community near Taylor.  He joined the Army in 1950 and served in Japan in the occupation forces, and in Korea.  He was honorably discharged in 1952.
      Shortly after he returned from Korea, he was introduced to Lillian Matula at The Diamond Inn.  Rudy and Lillian married on July 20, 1954, and were blessed with three children.  Rudy worked as a butcher at the Taylor Meat Company, as a foreman at Pokorny Construction Company, and for the City of Taylor in the Water Department.  In his "retirement" he continued to work for the city at the Taylor City Cemetery.
      Rudy was a loving husband, father, grandfather and uncle.  He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, the KJT and SPJST.  In his free time, Rudy enjoyed fishing, barbecuing in the backyard, tending to his tomato plants, and playing taroky and dominoes with friends and relatives.
      He is preceded in death by his parents; brother William (Bill) Kaspar and wife Edith; sister Rose Hobbs and husband Truett, infant sister Bertha, and brother-in-law Laddie Matula and wife Helen.
      Rudy is survived by his loving wife, Lillian Kaspar of Taylor; two sons, James and wife June Kaspar, and Tom and wife Tammi Kaspar, all of Taylor; daughter Donna and husband Jim Piburn of Washington, D.C.; brother-in-law, Tony Matula and wife Linda of New Braunfels, and sister-in-law Mary Ann Stauffer and husband Raymond of Taylor.  He also leaves behind his beloved grandchildren Luke, John David, and Savannah Kaspar, and Stacey Dubec.
      Pallbearers were his grandsons Luke and John David Kaspar, and nephews Bill Kaspar, Johnny Hobbs, Larry Matula, Eric Matula, Buddy Gaswint and Randy Gaas.
      Honorary pallbearers were Paul Pokorny, Jr., Franklin Schlesinger, Paul Schlesinger, Gilbert Baran, Allen Tschoerner, Jimmie Coufal, Fred Zucknick, Edmund Lefner, Bobby Wuensche and Alex Gola.
      Memorials may be made to St. Mary's Catholic Church, 408 Washburn St., Taylor, Texas 76574, or to Scott & White Hospice, Attn: Development Office, 2401 S. 31st, Temple, Texas 76508.
      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis