Re: [TexasCzechs] Michna in Pilgrims for Hope II

  • Valorie Michna
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 31, 2009
      Thanks you!

      Valorie Michna
      Researching Michna and Sasin/Sassin

      --- On Sat, 1/31/09, Pete Petruy <wpetruy@...> wrote:

      From: Pete Petruy <wpetruy@...>
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Michna in Pilgrims for Hope II
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 4:06 PM

      From "Pilgrims for Hope II" - Jan Jakub Michna born Frenstat #751 on 30 Apr.. 1873 parents Antonin Michna and Frantiska Barta.  Arrived NY on  ship EMS on 28 Oct 1891. Married Anna Sasin on 10 Nov 1895 in Fayette Co.

      Dr. Simicek's E-mail address is:  josefsimicek@ tkrlichnov. cz    He does sell this book and two others.  "Pilgrims for Hope II"  has the emigants from Frenstat and Trojanvice in it.  There are family trees for them and other info.  "Pilgrims for Hope I" has Mnisi, Ticha and Vlcovice, "Hope has its Name-Texas" has Bordovice and Lichnov.  These towns are quite close to each other.  I really like these books.  Since I do not live in Texas, I do not know how much access there is to these books.  Maybe someone else on the list can tell you.  Carla Petruy
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
        Can anyone tell me if there is an e-mail address I can send articles and
        photos to for the book honoring Czechs in the Military? I have a
        physical address, but was hoping it could be e-mailed in. I appreciate
        your help in advance!

        Jan
        :-)
      • Julie Matus
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
          Jan, I looked at the info I have and the website for this project is www.txczgs.org and you can find all the information and phone numbers you may need.  Charlene Hurta is the person you need to speak to and her phone number is 979-849-0348.
          Julie

          Julie & Wes Matus

          Researching:
          Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
          Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 1, 2009
            Ahoj Jan
            Glad you asked,    because February 9 is the deadline for sending information  about anyone you know who served in the military.  Just send a picture with their home town, children, grandparents,  Parents, rank and where they served
            and any interesting stories about their military career.
            The important thing is to get them honored,  just to be in the book. Send information to Charlene Hurta,   flhurta@...        Thank   you    Darwwin

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
              E-Mail Charlene Hurta at: fhurta@....

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
                Charlene is overwhelmed with phone calls, if you have excess to a computer,  I would advise to E-Mail first.
                                           Darwin

                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 19, 2009
                  Just wanted to thank you and the Machus for the info on the Czech Military Book.  :-)
                  Jan

                  Allen Livanec wrote:

                  E-Mail Charlene Hurta at: fhurta@brazosport. edu.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 19, 2009
                    You're most welcome!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 19, 2009
                      Thanks, the comittee had a meeting today, and the book,  or books should be great.   Darwin