OBIT: Mary Ann Kubena Kotzur

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Kotzur, Mary Ann
       View/Sign Guest Book

      MARY ANN KOTZUR

      VICTORIA - Mary Ann Kubena Kotzur, 77, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2008. She was born Aug. 7, 1931, in Matagorda County, to the late Bohumir and Frances Stasney Kubena. She was a homemaker and a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church.

      Survivors include her daughter, Emma Lee Lovorn and husband Sam of Magnolia; sons, Jerome Kotzur and wife Tammy of Victoria and Gene Kotzur of Ander; sisters, Frances Kubena of Cibalo and Agnes Remmers of San Antonio; brothers, Joe Kubena and Edwin Kubena of San Antonio; and grandchildren, Keleigh Kotzur, Katie Kotzur, Kyle Kotzur, Kurt Kotzur, Shawn Lovorn, Julie Lovorn, and Amber Kotzur.  In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by her husband, Sixtus Kotzur.

      A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. today, Jan. 1, 2009, at Rosewood Funeral Chapels.
      Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 2, 2009, at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, the Rev. Celestino Say and Monsignor Michael McLaughlin officiating. Burial will follow at Resurrection Cemetery.
      Pallbearers will be Shawn Lovorn, Kyle Kotzur, Kurt Kotzur, Bill Infanger, Bradley Mikeska, and James Barnard.

      Memorials may be made to St. Josephs High School, Crown Hospice, or Our Lady of Lourdes for masses.

      Rosewood Funeral Chapels, Victoria, 361-573-4546.
      Published in the Victoria Advocate on 1/1/2009