Looking for Sasin and Michna

  • Valorie Michna
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
      I need help finding info on the following individuals.  Thanks in advance for any help!

      • Anton Sasin, born ~1840 in Moravia and immigrated in 1883.  He may be in the Ammannsville or La Grange area.  Maybe someone is familiar with death and internment records from Ammannsville or La Grange from 1885 to the early 1900s.  His wife Caroline Sasin is buried in Granger and died 4 Dec 1920 (assumingly in Granger).  Caroline Sasin lived with her daughter and son-in-law in Ellis County, Texas in Feb 1920.

      • Cecilie Sasin, born Aug 1885 in Texas (most likely Ammannsville, Fayette, Texas) to Anton and Caroline Sasin.  In Jun 1900 she lived with her sister and brother-in-law, Anna Sasin Michna and Jan Michna in Ammannsville.

      • Olga Michna, born 1902-1903 to Jan Michna and Anna Sasin Michna.  She may have been born in Ammannsville.  I have not found any proof she was born in Granger, Williamson, Texas (another daughter from the same family was born in Granger in 1904).

      Valorie Michna

      Researching Michna and Sasin/Sassin

    • Laura Petter Pilgrim
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2008
        Valorie, go to:
        LDS Family Search Records at:
        http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=0
        and type in Anton Sasin and you can print out a copy of his death
        certificate. Try variations of the other names you list to see if
        anything comes up.

        Lolly Petter Pilgrim
        Houston, TX
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Valorie Michna <vmichna@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
          Thanks for the link.  It has been very useful.

          For everyone's info, there are some limitations:

          This fills in the gaps between the records of the early 1900s and the Texas Death Index beginning in 1967.  However the death records are not complete or consistent until 1930.  Few records are available from the late 1800s and early 1900s.

          Also, the search engine is not as flexible as others I have used, so you might have to use multiple searches on multiple name variations to find what you are looking for.

          Alas, I am still looking for the below individuals.  Maybe something will crop up somewhere else.

          Have a Happy New Year!

          Valorie